Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Leak

rowena81

Hi all - first time user!

I haved just got back from a short drive up the road and I thought I had a wheel bearing gone - there was a grinding noise at slow crawling speeds in traffic but on top of this the engine sounded like it was whirring and grinding right from when I started it up. I drove 60 miles+ last night and had no problems, this has literally started when I started the engine earlier today. I asked my boyfriend to have a look and what's he seen is oil leaking at quite a scarey rate from underneath the cambelt when the engine is running - not from the belt itself but whatever is below it, even though it sounded to me like the noise was coming from the passenger side as I drove, hence my thinking it was the passenger wheel bearing. What is this below the cambelt area, I don't seem to be able to find an answer anywhere?

My fluids levels were fine, the car drove fine last night, I don't drive like a nutter and it has not had any work on it since the MOT earlier in the year so I can only assume this is a wear and tear matter that has just 'gone' when I started the car up?

hi and welcome FOC, it could be a few of things as you say it's coming from the cam belt end of the engine, 1, cam cover gasket/seal, 2, cam shaft oil seal, 3, oil pump, 4, oil light switch(not sure if it's in that location, before anybody corrects me) as you say it's coming out fast and your hearing a noise, I would recommend getting it looked at pronto, I would say the cam belt cover is going to have be removed to find the leak/problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club