Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Mk6 3 Door

Mike77

Hi guys, new to the forum, and to fords. Got a 1.4 TDCi mk6 fiesta, couple of problems I could do with some help with.

1,,, The central locking ( key in the door or keyfob ) will lock both doors on the car, but will only open the drivers door. So I have to get in and lean over to open the passenger door. I've tried the double press on the fob, but no different, also tried the re-programing of the fob ( ignition on and off 4 times till the beep etc ) still nothing,, any ideas anyone, I read somewhere on here about a procedure using the trip computer buttons, but it did'nt say what it involved.

2,,, While trying to tackle the above problem, ive somehow managed to mess up the working of the passenger window, it just wont come down, I can hear it trying to work while pressing the 'up' switch, but nothing for 'down'... all wires etc are visably fine, good connection of the loom from door to a-post, so im a little lost, and help would be great, thanks in advance, Mike.

Hi guys, new to the forum, and to fords. Got a 1.4 TDCi mk6 fiesta, couple of problems I could do with some help with.

1,,, The central locking ( key in the door or keyfob ) will lock both doors on the car, but will only open the drivers door. So I have to get in and lean over to open the passenger door. I've tried the double press on the fob, but no different, also tried the re-programing of the fob ( ignition on and off 4 times till the beep etc ) still nothing,, any ideas anyone, I read somewhere on here about a procedure using the trip computer buttons, but it did'nt say what it involved.

2,,, While trying to tackle the above problem, ive somehow managed to mess up the working of the passenger window, it just wont come down, I can hear it trying to work while pressing the 'up' switch, but nothing for 'down'... all wires etc are visably fine, good connection of the loom from door to a-post, so im a little lost, and help would be great, thanks in advance, Mike.

No1 got any ideas at all on this ???

I recommend taking the car to a Ford garage. The techs there will probably be able to fix the problem quickly, and likely under warranty.

I recommend taking the car to a Ford garage. The techs there will probably be able to fix the problem quickly, and likely under warranty.

A MK6 Fiesta will be out of warranty.

You will need to check the loom in the door sound like a broken wire

Common fault due to the bending as the door is opened/closed

It will be close to the plug

Try undoing the plug then peel back the rubber and look for a broken wire.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club