Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Should This Work Cost?

ChrisXL

Long story short my car, Ford Fiesta 2000 reg failed its MOT miserable. The work I apparently need done (though I am getting a second opinion before I go ahead and do anything) is:

2 front suspension coils

1 o/s rear brake hose

1 n/s rear brake PIPE

1 o/s front brake PIPE

Most of the garages that I have spoken to are quoting me around £290 + VAT with the cheapest quote at around £240?

How come this is so expensive as the parts aren't a lot?? Someone said to me that in order to replace so much brake system, the whole car will need to be bled in order to do the work.

Thanks guys!

Long story short my car, Ford Fiesta 2000 reg failed its MOT miserable. The work I apparently need done (though I am getting a second opinion before I go ahead and do anything) is:

2 front suspension coils

1 o/s rear brake hose

1 n/s rear brake PIPE

1 o/s front brake PIPE

Most of the garages that I have spoken to are quoting me around £290 + VAT with the cheapest quote at around £240?

How come this is so expensive as the parts aren't a lot?? Someone said to me that in order to replace so much brake system, the whole car will need to be bled in order to do the work.

Thanks guys!

it seems about right, garage prices vary, it might be worth hunting around your local motor factors for the springs(dont forget to haggle) i recently got a new clutch kit and got the price down almost by £100 by pleading poverty,lol and finding a local mobile mechanic to give you a price for fitting the springs you supply,and to sort your brakes out, though id be supprised if you get the lot done under £200,

With that amount of work, it sound reasonable to me as well. Its not the parts that cost the money, its the labour.

Not sure what the going rate is but probably somewhere around £80 per hour.

2 front suspension coils

1 o/s rear brake hose

1 n/s rear brake PIPE

1 o/s front brake PIPE

Thanks guys!

Were in the uk r u mate.

Currently in Leicester, and have been searching for a decent price for a couple of days now. Most garages here are looking for around £250+.

Looks like I might have to wait until I go home to get the work done...

Just found a garage that have quoted me around £190 which I am chuffed with! Hopefully getting the work done Tuesday/Wednesday :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club