Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil In Spark Plug

fiesta_lad

Hi all i drive a fiesta 1.3i endure e engine on a 51 plate 2001 petrol. What it is i've just went to check my oil levels and found oil in one of the spark plugs now the car has 89000 on the clock i changed the oil and fliter and put in ngk spark plugs just over a month ago and every thing seems fine the car is running normal has it should be there is no loss in power all seems fine.

So does anyone know what this could be i am gonna take out the plug now and give it a clean and take it from there

Thanks alan.

Just to add i don't have any oil leaks my driveway is clear and the oil levels on the dipstick seem fine the car hardly needs topping up with oil on weekly checks.

Just to let you know cleaned the spark plug just took the car for a little spin all seem fine car running ok check the spark plug when i got back and there are no signs of any oil. When i said before the plug was full of oil i meant on the terminal end not on the thread. The thread was fine.

Hi Alan

How many miles has the car done since you changed the spark plugs.

Jamie

Hi Alan

How many miles has the car done since you changed the spark plugs.

Jamie

Not sure forgot to note it down i say few hundred about 300-400 miles i've just took all the spark plugs out the rest are fine but the one that was oily had like black soot on it.

Can anyone help.

Hi Alan

How much oil does the car use on a weekly basis.

Does the car run fine or does it miss a beat.

Black means an overly rich mixture.

Normal plugs should loook grey

reading_spark_plugs.jpg

Hope this helps

Jamie

Hi Alan

How much oil does the car use on a weekly basis.

Does the car run fine or does it miss a beat.

Black means an overly rich mixture.

Normal plugs should loook grey

reading_spark_plugs.jpg

Hope this helps

Jamie

Hi jamie thanks for the reply and the info.

I check my oil once a month or sooner and when i do i never have to top up the car hardly uses any oil infact i have still got a 1 litre bottle of oil from 2008.

The car runs perfect shes nice and responsive running normal to me

I cleaned all the oil of the plug before took it for a good spin come back checked the plug no oil so iam thinking now what can it be.

cheers alan.

Just to add the rest of the plugs are a greyish colour apart from the oily one.

if when you changed plug 1st time it was wet but now you check it regular it has dry soot i would say you have a slight misfire. (if you had worn rings you would use more oil than you do) with that in mind i would try a plug lead or maybe you have early stages of a coil pack breaking down. (the wet "oil" could be unburnt fuel) regards steve

if when you changed plug 1st time it was wet but now you check it regular it has dry soot i would say you have a slight misfire. (if you had worn rings you would use more oil than you do) with that in mind i would try a plug lead or maybe you have early stages of a coil pack breaking down. (the wet "oil" could be unburnt fuel) regards steve

Hi steve when i change the plug few months ago it was fine no signs of oil etc. The oil is fine not using to much infact i hardly top up its good on the oil. i am thinking of getting a diagnostics on it won't cost me nothing like do it in college.

if your at a mechanic college course and its free do a compression test at the same time. i suspect car will have a stored code for cyl 3 misfire or multiple misfire detected. if so and compression test shows engine ok back to my previous post, regards steve

if your at a mechanic college course and its free do a compression test at the same time. i suspect car will have a stored code for cyl 3 misfire or multiple misfire detected. if so and compression test shows engine ok back to my previous post, regards steve

Yeh doing a mechanic course in college not bad like everything is free tracking the lot apart from if i wanted car parts. will do a compression test give that ago has well. do u know were the diagnostic plug is located on a 51 plate fiesta had a look today can't find it lol.

try left kickpanel. it may have a blanking plate so you need to look closely, regards steve

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club