Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg 2.0L Tdci

MARLEY

Hi All

I have only owned my focus for 6 weeks and am a little dissapointed in the fuel consumption.

I do various types of journeys and dont drive it hard.

Its a 2007 2.0l TDCI with 54500 miles on the clock and i am getting an average of 36.5mpg tank full to empty.

Is this the norm as i was expecting 50ish ?

Many Thanks

Paul

ive got a 1.8 tdci and the computer says im getting 54mpg.

i was expecting around that figure

Is that the figure off the computer?

If so have you tried doing it old style? - fill to the top and note mileage - drive - fill to the top - note gallons + mileage - divide mileage by gallons.

Hi.

I have just sold my 2.0tdci focus titanium estate.

I was getting around 37mpg on average, 32 in the towns and 40 on the motorways (this is all according to cars built in system)

I then invested in a diesel performance chip off the wonderful eBay, £80. Round the town went to about 46mpg, average drive 49 and motorways, doing an constant run in 6th and 70mph was returning anything from 55 upwards to 65. Increase in the power was excellent as well. As a rule of thumb, without the chip I found it better to accelerate hard up to speed and then cruise rather than build up speed slowly, this would make around 4 - 5 mpg more's difference.

i have heard that the 2 litres are a bit more thirsty, but didnt think they would be that much worse. you got the computer that tells you what mpg you are doing at that time? not the average, see what it says when you are doing a constant speed

Is that the figure off the computer?

If so have you tried doing it old style? - fill to the top and note mileage - drive - fill to the top - note gallons + mileage - divide mileage by gallons.

i have done the figures from full to empty and seems a little poor

Hi.

I have just sold my 2.0tdci focus titanium estate.

I was getting around 37mpg on average, 32 in the towns and 40 on the motorways (this is all according to cars built in system)

I then invested in a diesel performance chip off the wonderful ebay, £80. Round the town went to about 46mpg, average drive 49 and motorways, doing an constant run in 6th and 70mph was returning anything from 55 upwards to 65. Increase in the power was excellent as well. As a rule of thumb, without the chip I found it better to accelerate hard up to speed and then cruise rather than build up speed slowly, this would make around 4 - 5 mpg more's difference.

Thanks for info Dan

Can you remember who you bought it off, or do you still have chip ?? is it for sale ?

Regards

Paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club