Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P0700 And P0300 Fault

Mike Johnson

Phew!!!!!

My 2003 Semi Auto 1.4 Fiesta has deveolped a fault.

History.. A couple of days ago, it simply would not start, this has to be done with the gear selector in neutral and foot on the brake. Fiddled about and bridged the plug which connects to the gear stick and hey presto it started and ran fine. parked up at the end of the day alls well. Next morning NOTHING... fiddled again and eventually after many attempts it started again and ran fine, stopped the engine a few times and it started fine. Tried it again this morning and NOTHING, got a mate to plug in his diagnostic gizmo and it shows a P0700 and P0300 fault. P0300 is mutiple misfire fault (engine wont run but could this be because the transmission is not sececting the correct gear)and the P0700 is TCM. When I switch on ignition, the Engine Management Light remains on but the transmission light will sometmes come on and other times not, if I move the stick about the light will eventually come on again.

Guess I am going to have to take it to Fords but has anyone any idears. I know electrical faults can be a sod to locate but I'm just a bit concerner it could be one of the very expensive bits that may have gone - but why would it run- when it does- with no obvious signs of a fault if this were so. What is the actuator, Fords tell me that could be £1000 to replace.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

i've got a fiesta 2004 1.4d semi auto with just the same problem.

Sometimes the car doesn't start, other times it runs like there never was a problem.

The codes he gives are P0300 and P0700

Is your problem yet solvet? and what was the problem?

Hope you can help me :)

I've been to the dealer but he doesn't see to find the problem...

That post was posted way back in 2011, so its unlikey they guy will be back to respond.

Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion for you :)

Yes, i did see that but was hoping he would see it in his e-mail and could help me :D

I guess the problem should be solved in 2years :P

Hi,

i've got a fiesta 2004 1.4d semi auto with just the same problem.

Sometimes the car doesn't start, other times it runs like there never was a problem.

The codes he gives are P0300 and P0700

Is your problem yet solvet? and what was the problem?

Hope you can help me :)

I've been to the dealer but he doesn't see to find the problem...

As stated its likely the original poster has unsubscribed from recieving email notifications. Try posting your own topic in the fiesta section. Ill have a dig about and see what I can find out about the fault for you

Mk6 Fiesta

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

PO700 Transmission control system malfunction

Whole list of codes on following link.

Go 3/4 way down page.

http://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/100003/all/Engine_Diagnostics_ABS_Air_Bag.html