Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Side Lights On Focus

BIGGSY

Hey

I have noticed on the fiesta that when you unlock the doors with the remote the side lights turn on and when you put the key in the ignition and go to start the car or relock the car they go off. does any one know if this function is available on the ford focus or whether you can turn this function on or off on the focus?

cheers

Biggsy :D

Biggsy :D

Would love to have this feature if any one knows, also ive read that you can push in the light dial on the fiesta when engine is off and the headlights come on for 2 minutes even when you lock the car, to give you light to for example get in your front door of the house, im guessing it may be as simple as swapping the light control unit in the focus to the fiesta's one with the timer.

When I had my mk2 Focus Zetec it wasn't on it, was on my S-Max Zetec and on my new Focus mk3. Also on the mk3 the sidelights and rear led number plate light comes on when you open the doors. Not sure how to do it on the mk2 though sorry.

ive read that you can push in the light dial on the fiesta when engine is off and the headlights come on for 2 minutes even when you lock the car, to give you light to for example get in your front door of the house

The Focus does this. When you switch off and remove the key from the ignition, pull the headlight flasher on the left stalk (as if you were flashing your lights at someone) and this will activate the coming home lights function, which lasts for around 30 seconds before going out (iirc).

The Focus does this. which lasts for around 30 seconds before going out (iirc).

Must be a feature on the Titanium model as I’ve got a stylemodel and just went outside in the rain, no shoes on in my socks to try it andnow my feet are soaking :lol:

Must be a feature on the Titanium model as Ive got a stylemodel and just went outside in the rain, no shoes on in my socks to try it andnow my feet are soaking :lol:

let me get this right...

You were sat nice and comfortable at home, reading this, went outside knowing it was raining... with no shoes on... to sit in your car, to try activate the walk you home safety feature, to walk you back to the comfort of your home that you have just come from...?

... Only to be disappointed that you dont have it?

... Only to end up soggy?

... Couldnt you have put shoes and a coat on? lol

... ok what was the ocassion and how much did you neck? lol :P

Must be a feature on the Titanium model as I’ve got a stylemodel and just went outside in the rain, no shoes on in my socks to try it andnow my feet are soaking :lol:

Sorry you felt the need to get wet socks just to find out! Whilst it does work on my Titanium, it also works on the bog standard 1.6 TDCi Focus fleet at work. Mine's an '07 and the work cars are '08 onwards. Perhaps it was a Mk 2.5 thing?

The Focus does this. When you switch off and remove the key from the ignition, pull the headlight flasher on the left stalk (as if you were flashing your lights at someone) and this will activate the coming home lights function, which lasts for around 30 seconds before going out (iirc).

This worked on my 2006 Focus 1.8tdci zetec climate. just pulled the stalk for highbeams, got out car, locked it and they stayed on for 30 secs dead. got no actual use for the feature mind. got a street light right outside my house :lol: can go and get a video if anyone is interested.

just tried it on my zetec s and it worked. But its still day light

let me get this right...

You were sat nice and comfortable at home, reading this, went outside knowing it was raining... with no shoes on... to sit in your car, to try activate the walk you home safety feature, to walk you back to the comfort of your home that you have just come from...?

... Only to be disappointed that you dont have it?

... Only to end up soggy?

... Couldnt you have put shoes and a coat on? lol

... ok what was the ocassion and how much did you neck? lol :P

:lol: I Was completely sober, sitting on sofa half watching TV and

reading the forum, too lazy to grab my shoes and jacket I leapt out the front

door like a spring lamb in to the car and nothing...

realised then I had gotten

soaked for nothing and my focus is a black sheep of the ford family,

thought

the car may have had this feature, I think the KMPH version of the ECU map is

different to the UK ECU Map in more ways that just the speed conversio,

as my

2010 focus style has the foot well lights with bulbs but they don’t work, and

now this feature with the headlights and also doesn’t work,

Do you reckon the

garage could hook up diagnostics to activate these features?

They could well do, but give them a call and make sure they can, you dont want to waste your hard earned on it to find they cant! Im sure it should be easy enough though, as long as they dont need to replace the ECU / Reflash it you shouldnt have too many problems!

tried it on mine today, happy to say that it works! why are little things like this not in the owners manual? unless i've missed it lol

tried it on mine today, happy to say that it works! why are little things like this not in the owners manual? unless i've missed it lol

I'm pretty sure it is in the manual, but lets face it, how many of us have the time or the inclination to read the manual cover to cover?

page 65 in "en RHD 07/2005" for those interested

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club