Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disable Esp On 5Dr Zetec 1.6 Tdci

DumboBattyhead

Doesn't ESP work in conjunction with ABS so it would make sense for it to be working all the time.Also if it was turned on with a switch the little light on the dash would be on all the time but the way ford have plumbed it in ESP is already on but the light would only actually come on when its really doing its stuff then go off again.Meaning you don't have a light permanently on distracting your attention.I still want to add the switch now I pulled the plug through but I don't think I want to mess with it knowing what I now know.I AM SO CONFUSED NOW. :blink:

The button is for turning esp OFF, so when the little light on the button shows up that is the system switched off. If there is no little light on the button, the system is ON.

The system is on by default and even if you switch the car off with the esp OFF... it will automatically be on when you restart the car.

Doesn't ESP work in conjunction with ABS so it would make sense for it to be working all the time.Also if it was turned on with a switch the little light on the dash would be on all the time but the way ford have plumbed it in ESP is already on but the light would only actually come on when its really doing its stuff then go off again.Meaning you don't have a light permanently on distracting your attention.I still want to add the switch now I pulled the plug through but I don't think I want to mess with it knowing what I now know.I AM SO CONFUSED NOW. :blink:

It does not seem obvious to me that ESP is on all the time because there are occasionally times when I want to play or spin the wheels. Also even Ford know it is best turned off sometimes because they say so in the user manual.

The ESP light in the clocks comes on during a wheelspin while ESP is doing its stuff. The (optional extra) ESP off switch does nothing unless I press it. At that point the ESP light in the clocks stays on and bugs me to remind me that I am "at risk" because ESP is off. Seems a good way of doing it to me. :)

I see now.I thought it was the other way around.Press and lit up for on and press no light for off.I did say I was confused. :o

I see now.I thought it was the other way around.Press and lit up for on and press no light for off.I did say I was confused. :o

No light = ESP On

Light = ESP Off

Simples :)

IMG1688.jpg

Just need my switch now.

Ordered my switch today at my local ford parts place and it should be in tomorrow.

Hi

Not sure as just had a call to say ford out of stock :(

Yeah Ford parts phoned me back saying it going to take 4-5 days to get one from their supplier.I said ok as its already paid for.I can weight a week. :(

No light = ESP On

Light = ESP Off

Simples :)

PMSL. I'm not very good at simples :lol:

But it's obvious when you put it like that. Off means on & on means off :D

PMSL. I'm not very good at simples :lol:

But it's obvious when you put it like that. Off means on & on means off :D

Aye else you'd have a light on CONSTANTLY which would do me head in lol

Aye else you'd have a light on CONSTANTLY which would do me head in lol

Agreed.

This way when ESP is on (and the light is off :) ) it is a good visual warning of when ESP is doing its magic stuff. Although I like being to turn it off sometimes, when it works (like going too fast into a corner and flooring it) it does its stuff really well :D

I just bought the switch and installed on my 1.4 TDCi, and nothing happens... ?????

No ESP on the ZETEC 1.4 TDCi? i do not get it...

I just bought the switch and installed on my 1.4 TDCi, and nothing happens... ?????

No ESP on the ZETEC 1.4 TDCi? i do not get it...

On my 2010 Zetec 1.6TDCi, nothing happens until I start the engine then press and hold the new button in for a second or so until the centre display shows ESP off (in large friendly letters). Is this different for you?

On my 2010 Zetec 1.6TDCi, nothing happens until I start the engine then press and hold the new button in for a second or so until the centre display shows ESP off (in large friendly letters). Is this different for you?

I guess, i never had :(

My car is 09 2009 ZETEC, and i bought second hand, in 2010

I guess, i never had :(

My car is 09 2009 ZETEC, and i bought second hand, in 2010

Just a thought. I first realised my car had ESP when provoked it into kicking in on a tight corner on a wet road with full throttle, and the ESP light flashed on. If you can get that to happen then you have ESP :)

I do remember somewhere that ESP was only fitted as standard from mid 2010, so you might be unlucky :(

ESP now standard across Ford Fiesta range 29 April 2010

Or if when your starting the car the ESP light shows up and dims with normal system start up.. you have ESP then too

Just a thought. I first realised my car had ESP when provoked it into kicking in on a tight corner on a wet road with full throttle, and the ESP light flashed on. If you can get that to happen then you have ESP :)

I do remember somewhere that ESP was only fitted as standard from mid 2010, so you might be unlucky :(

ESP now standard across Ford Fiesta range 29 April 2010

Yepp, my car never had ESP, so i do not need to switch it off :D

and now no longer needed, so it for sale if someone want it, ESP and Airbag, PM me

10 days switch still on back order :(

No way! i ordered my on the morning around 9 and they called me afternoon around 3 my part arrived.

Got my switch today took 6 days to arrive.

IMG1704.jpg

IMG1705.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club