Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disable Esp On 5Dr Zetec 1.6 Tdci

DumboBattyhead

i got a hold of the same esp switch, but for some reason i dont have the wires for it. i disassembled my a/c panel and theres nothing that i can connect to... help me out on how to hack this.. tnx.

IMG1688.jpg

Just need my switch now.

how did you find that wire? i have a esp switch now, but when i tried to look for that wire, i could not find it. i have a 1.5 tivct.

When you look at the front its to the right,it is like on a clip and is hard to see or find.

Its where you can see the screw hole where i have taken the screw out,up there on the right.

post-52758-0-72380000-1422963199_thumb.j

Ok, ill try to look for it ryt now.

Nope i still cant find it....

I aint got a clue then,it is hard to find as its like it is fixed to the side by a clip.

I would of thought these would be in the loom on all.

I found the main loom wire, bu it doesnt have a separate wire for it. It separate downwards but those are connected and the shape doesnt match it.

I know it was a pain for me to find,i got a torch and found it hidden away but thanks to on here i

got there in the end.

Don't know if anyone can help more on here,aint sure if all models have them on the loom.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello, I just registered on this site to post and say thank you for this thread. 

I have successfully installed an ESP switch on my 2010 Titanium Fiesta. Twice I've been stuck in a muddy field and snowed in road, hopefully not anymore.

The steps at the top of this thread worked perfectly, found the switch for £15 on eBay. Take care prising the climate control panel off, it has some stubborn clips either side.

Mixed messages online about this being possible on Titaniums, it was on mine!

Thanks.

image.jpeg

Before I go taking the trim to pieces, does anyone know if the 2010 Zetec TDCi has the wiring in place to fit the switch? (part number 1514081)

Also anyone have the photos or a photo of where the clips are what pieces of trim to actually remove etc, given that the link to the german forum is dead?

Trim is all apart but struggling to see any sort of wire such as those mentioned.

My vehicle has got ESP but can't find the cable. 

Edit: Scrap that. Found it. Didn't realise it was so obvious thought that it was another wire plugged into something at first. Doh. 

• 1 year later...
54 minutes ago, hocvd83 said:

Hi, where can i buy switch front parking ?

2.jpg

When I needed to buy my ESP + front airbag switch, since disabling ESP is not officially an option for my (bottom spec) car the local official Ford dealer (T C Harrison in Derby) had to go out to the car park to note down the registration number of a Titanium model then do a search on the Ford system against that reg no. The price was not a lot so I stuck with getting a genuine Ford part.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hocvd83 said:

Hi, where can i buy switch front parking ?

2.jpg

You can't buy the switch seen above, Ford do not supply it as an option. 

The option s Ford do are

ESP switch

Passenger airbag

ESP + passenger airbag

Parking sensors

Passenger airbag + parking sensors

Coin holder

The only way to get the switch above it to modify two switches to make one, as in the guide I created.

NOTE: Unlike the ESP wires that are on most cars wiring loom, Front / rear parking sensors are NOT installed as standard, adding the switch alone will not give you parking sensors if they were not fitted to your car at build time.

oh, thank you so much. Can you tell me how to connect the parking front switch to bcm? 

Parking front.jpg

2 hours ago, hocvd83 said:

oh, thank you so much. Can you tell me how to connect the parking front switch to bcm? 

Parking front.jpg

Sorry I've no idea. 

The ESP disable was wired in most Ford Fiestas, (certainly everyone who has tried I think has found it wired) and just tells the computer to disable the ESP, thats the same in every car.  The Parking sensors were an option at build time, There may be wiring in place but without the rest of the hardware it may not work.  The hardware might be there, some cars had some of the cruise control and folding wing mirror  wiring and hardware in place despite it not being an option, however not every car did.  You'd need to try and locate the sensors and the box that beeps before you start altering the loom, however its getting beyond my level of competence playing with  the wiring..

Good Luck in your search...

Sorry I've no idea. 
The ESP disable was wired in most Ford Fiestas, (certainly everyone who has tried I think has found it wired) and just tells the computer to disable the ESP, thats the same in every car.  The Parking sensors were an option at build time, There may be wiring in place but without the rest of the hardware it may not work.  The hardware might be there, some cars had some of the cruise control and folding wing mirror  wiring and hardware in place despite it not being an option, however not every car did.  You'd need to try and locate the sensors and the box that beeps before you start altering the loom, however its getting beyond my level of competence playing with  the wiring..

Good Luck in your search...

I heard that on early mk7 pre facelift you cant disable esp ?? Only on facelift mk7.5 + was it possible.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

For example on my focus mk2.5 Titanium it has esp which can be disable via searching thru info stalk to show on speedo cluster. But i fitted an esp button ( purely for show purpose) which apart from illumenating does absolutely nothing. As it was option only on the St225. So not necessarilly it would work.

Going back to mk7 fiesta on mine it does not have esp listed in the option menu in order to enable/disable. As its permanently switched on.
Yunii

1 hour ago, yunii said:

For example on my focus mk2.5 Titanium it has esp which can be disable via searching thru info stalk to show on speedo cluster. But i fitted an esp button ( purely for show purpose) which apart from illumenating does absolutely nothing. As it was option only on the St225. So not necessarilly it would work.

Going back to mk7 fiesta on mine it does not have esp listed in the option menu in order to enable/disable. As its permanently switched on.
Yunii

1 hour ago, yunii said:

I heard that on early mk7 pre facelift you cant disable esp ?? Only on facelift mk7.5 + was it possible.
Yunii

My car is a 2010 Econetic Fiesta, (Mk7 pre facelift) and I think all the fiestas in the range other than the Zetec S,  have no way to disable the ESP via the stalk or the radio's menu option.  Unlike the Focus there simply is not a menu option to disable it.    The ESP disable button was a "feature" on the Zetec S model. The only way to disable ESP on any other model (even the higher grade Titanium's) it is to buy, fit and use this switch *if* the wiring is there.

Most people on this thread have found the wiring is there, and fitting the ESP disable switch seems to work for them.

Thank you!

This is my car. i live in Ha Noi, VietNam. Ford vietnam has cut wire connection. From switch parking front connector to bcm

20170605_074819.jpg

21769520_1841588155852144_154894123_n.jpg

Yours looks to be a 7.5 (ie Mk 7 facelift).    I can' t see any parking sensors at the front, you should see 4 x 2cm circular sensors if they are fitted,  two in the lower grill,  two embedded in the bumper.  The cable may not be connencted as the hardware is not in place.

i bought parking sensor Focus (04 rada). but know wiring diagram from switch to bcm

Sorry your really getting beyond my knowledge of the wiring looms to know what may have to be added, changed or rewired...

Good Luck...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club