Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things I Don't Have

Tato

Here are the extras that I've either forgot or got confused to add to my Fiesta:

1. Electric folding mirrors

2. Parking sensors (I guess I won't miss them that much since the Fiesta is a small car)

3. Rain sensors

4. Heated windscreen

5. Cruise control

At the moment I feel bad for not adding at least the electric folding mirrors and the heated windscreen...but also the others could have been a nice add.

I could add the electric folding mirrors but it will cost much more...

What do you guys think, will I really miss them? :D

Hi Tato,

As you've gone for a Titanium (same as me - good choice :P) surely it'll come with Electric folding Mirrors, rain sensors, heated windscreen and cruise control as standard?

Hi Tato,

As you've gone for a Titanium (same as me - good choice :P) surely it'll come with Electric folding Mirrors, rain sensors, heated windscreen and cruise control as standard?

Those options are "market/country specific" unfortunately...don't know why Ford is making these kind of decisions...

They do come up with some great ideas and decisions dont they <_<

They do come up with some great ideas and decisions dont they <_<

They really do...which is somehow annoying... If you buy one BMW or Audi, you get the same options anywhere...at least in Europe.

By the way, how much is one Titanium 1.6 nowadays in UK?

Yeah I would have thought Ford would make everything the same for different countries..would make it easier for them surely??

Umm depends really..Standard spec Titanium 1.6 TDCi is £15,145 and the petrol version is £14,545..and that will differ if you go for the 5 door option..

The spec I got below was meant to be £16,990 but with employee discount I got it for £14,100..

So you basically either have to work for them or be able to haggle hard! B)

Yeah I would have thought Ford would make everything the same for different countries..would make it easier for them surely??

Umm depends really..Standard spec Titanium 1.6 TDCi is £15,145 and the petrol version is £14,545..and that will differ if you go for the 5 door option..

The spec I got below was meant to be £16,990 but with employee discount I got it for £14,100..

So you basically either have to work for them or be able to haggle hard! B)

It would certainly make their work easier.

I paid for my Titanium around £11,500 (petrol).

One other annoying thing is that I had to pay extra for the ESP...once again something which is "market specific" option...Plus the standard rims for my Titanium were 15 inch rims...I really don't understand the logic behind it...

By the way, no START button either :D (Thank you Ford)

It's just making more work for themselves to have separate standards and options in different parts of the europe..

Oh well, pick mine up next week (so long as no delays occur) *fingers crossed* that doesnt happen though!

I don't think you'll miss much from the list you gave..most of them are just conveniences anyway..

It's just making more work for themselves to have separate standards and options in different parts of the europe..

Oh well, pick mine up next week (so long as no delays occur) *fingers crossed* that doesnt happen though!

I don't think you'll miss much from the list you gave..most of them are just conveniences anyway..

I think you are right...the only thing that I would have liked to have were the electric mirrors but I can get them after if I am really in "love" :D :D :D

I would only miss the heated windscreen and rear sensors, yes it is a small car, but helpful nonetheless.. my dealer added them, so they arent expensive if you wanted to do it after

I would only miss the heated windscreen and rear sensors, yes it is a small car, but helpful nonetheless.. my dealer added them, so they arent expensive if you wanted to do it after

How much did you pay for the sensors in Ford?

How much did you pay for the sensors in Ford?

I've got them on mine aftermarket and they're charging £199.99 fitted and colour coded

I've got them on mine aftermarket and they're charging £199.99 fitted and colour coded

They are relatively pricey but that's normal when adding them aftermarket. I am still wondering if I should add them to my car...

You said that you will get your car next week, right?

Mirrors and heated windscreen would be the only things I'd miss. Never use the cruise control, can turn wipers on myself if needed and wouldn't need reversing sensors on a hatchback.

Mirrors and heated windscreen would be the only things I'd miss. Never use the cruise control, can turn wipers on myself if needed and wouldn't need reversing sensors on a hatchback.

Perfectly right. Heated windscreen is really handy especially in places where snow is common in winter time :)

It's a convenience feature really, although it is cool to watch the mirrors fold away when you lock it. Protection wise it's not going to do alot.

If a car Hits your mirrors even when folded in, He's going to be damn close! More of a "getting the car into the garage" & "My car can hear you" button :lol:

2. Parking sensors

I find these really useful and have become lazy when it comes to parking, so its personal preference really. But I know they can be added fairly cheaply to existing fords for a more reasonable amount than you imagine.

3. Rain sensors

:huh: Look at your left arm, just above the wrist ... A Hand yea? Now look at your Right arm ... another Hand!

Well, looks like we've solved that problem :lol:

4. Heated windscreen

Out of the 5 you listed, this would be my TOP priority. It's extremely useful to start the car on a cold or icy day and just push the heated screen button. Mine works incredibly fast. during that cold period we had during the start of the year, I'd get in the car push the button and the sheet of THICK ice over the windscreen would be gone in 10 minutes. No extra help required from Mr De-icer.

5. Cruise control

I want! But its not an option on Zetec S models at all :( Would go along way to help MPG on long Motorway journeys. But I've managed fine without it, Averaging 40mpg on the trip computer and in real life scenario Travelled from Cornwall to Cardiff (200+ Miles) on just over half a tank. Very comfortable car for Long trips :)

Hope this helps you a tiny tiny tiny little bit :D

It's a convenience feature really, although it is cool to watch the mirrors fold away when you lock it. Protection wise it's not going to do alot.

If a car Hits your mirrors even when folded in, He's going to be damn close! More of a "getting the car into the garage" & "My car can hear you" button :lol:

2. Parking sensors

I find these really useful and have become lazy when it comes to parking, so its personal preference really. But I know they can be added fairly cheaply to existing fords for a more reasonable amount than you imagine.

3. Rain sensors

:huh: Look at your left arm, just above the wrist ... A Hand yea? Now look at your Right arm ... another Hand!

Well, looks like we've solved that problem :lol:

4. Heated windscreen

Out of the 5 you listed, this would be my TOP priority. It's extremely useful to start the car on a cold or icy day and just push the heated screen button. Mine works incredibly fast. during that cold period we had during the start of the year, I'd get in the car push the button and the sheet of THICK ice over the windscreen would be gone in 10 minutes. No extra help required from Mr De-icer.

5. Cruise control

I want! But its not an option on Zetec S models at all :( Would go along way to help MPG on long Motorway journeys. But I've managed fine without it, Averaging 40mpg on the trip computer and in real life scenario Travelled from Cornwall to Cardiff (200+ Miles) on just over half a tank. Very comfortable car for Long trips :)

Hope this helps you a tiny tiny tiny little bit :D

This is what I call perfect explanation :) Thank you mate!

I would not even consider the parking sensors unless I was living in a city which did not have problems with parking places. But it depends what price I get from Ford because I am just to lazy to add them :D

10 minutes for the heated windscreen? Do you need to have the engine turned on when starting the heated windscreen? (hopefully it's not a stupid question) :D

Good that you've mentioned about the comfort level, because I was many times wondering if the Fiesta is comfortable for long drives.

They are relatively pricey but that's normal when adding them aftermarket. I am still wondering if I should add them to my car...

You said that you will get your car next week, right?

Yeah it was built last tuesday and is apparently making its way up from Valencia as we speak..the guy at the dealer said it will probably be in the UK either later today or tomorrow..pick is estimated Friday next week :)

Yeah it was built last tuesday and is apparently making its way up from Valencia as we speak..the guy at the dealer said it will probably be in the UK either later today or tomorrow..pick is estimated Friday next week :)

Excited right? :D

Imagine me, I got the car on the 2nd of June and I will drive it most likely in August...that's a pain, believe me ;)

Definitely lol..its been in the planning since before Christmas and its finally come around..although still got a week and a half to go!

I feel for you, that is a long wait especially when you know its just sat there waiting for you :huh:

Definitely lol..its been in the planning since before Christmas and its finally come around..although still got a week and a half to go!

I feel for you, that is a long wait especially when you know its just sat there waiting for you :huh:

True...waiting for me...Probably when I will get my hands on it I will sleep in the car for a few days :D :D :D not I didn't have a car before but this is the first brand new car that I've bought.

True...waiting for me...Probably when I will get my hands on it I will sleep in the car for a few days :D :D :D not I didn't have a car before but this is the first brand new car that I've bought.

Same this is the first brand new car I've had..it's going to be a massive step up from my 13 year old Mk4 Fiesta that I have at the moment :)

Same this is the first brand new car I've had..it's going to be a massive step up from my 13 year old Mk4 Fiesta that I have at the moment :)

Sure, Mk4 to Mk7 really good trade :)

I owned one Bmw E46 before and I hope I won't be disappointed with the Fiesta...

I have all except the parking sensors, and find ALL very useful.

Of course you don’t NEED any of these but…

Cruise – comes in handy when you have a stretch of road covered by average speed cameras and for motorway travel, set it and watch the road not your speedo.

Folding mirrors – garage entrance is a bit tight and modern cars have got wider. Reversing out with the mirrors folded means I can watch where I’m going not the mirror/ garage door

Rain Sensor – yes ok we all have hands, but for the times when you overtake a truck on a motorway or a bus or HGV is coming in the opposite direction and chucks a wave load of water on your screen and the wipers kick up speed automatically while you keep your hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road - a great idea that works well

Heated Window Screen – first time I’ve had a car with one on and last winter it proved its worth. Many a time I have defrosted my window screen using the normal scraper/ de-icer to find as soon as I start off down the road the cold air ices up the screen making it difficult to see where you are going. Heated screen saves all the faff and I'm really going to miss it during the winter months if I buy a non-ford.

All–in-all each of these ‘extras’ are there to help you and they certainly do.

• Like 1

I have all except the parking sensors, and find ALL very useful.

Of course you don’t NEED any of these but…

Cruise – comes in handy when you have a stretch of road covered by average speed cameras and for motorway travel, set it and watch the road not your speedo.

Folding mirrors – garage entrance is a bit tight and modern cars have got wider. Reversing out with the mirrors folded means I can watch where I’m going not the mirror/ garage door

Rain Sensor – yes ok we all have hands, but for the times when you overtake a truck on a motorway or a bus or HGV is coming in the opposite direction and chucks a wave load of water on your screen and the wipers kick up speed automatically while you keep your hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road - a great idea that works well

Heated Window Screen – first time I’ve had a car with one on and last winter it proved its worth. Many a time I have defrosted my window screen using the normal scraper/ de-icer to find as soon as I start off down the road the cold air ices up the screen making it difficult to see where you are going. Heated screen saves all the faff and I'm really going to miss it during the winter months if I buy a non-ford.

All–in-all each of these ‘extras’ are there to help you and they certainly do.

Thanks mate for sharing this info!