Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pairing Iphone 4 With Bluetooth

jmbrown91

I am about to upgrade to iOS 5 Beta on my iPhone 4 and it occured to me that because this is a beta release of new software my new Fiesta may not recognise the phone and fail to pair with it.

Does anyone have any idea if updating to the new software will have any implications with regards to pairing with bluetooth or do people think it'll be fine?

Not going to update to it if it is going to fail to pair when it turns up next week.

Anyone able to shed light on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I have just upgraded to iOS 5 and will be going to work shortly, so I will let you know how it works :)

Kris

Cheers mate :)

How you finding it? Really want to upgrade but if it's going to hamper the Fiesta bluetooth then I can't :(

It should be fine mate, I wouldnt worry about it :)

It should be fine mate, I wouldnt worry about it :)

I hope so! I can't see why it would cause a problem but you never know with these things <_<

I am about to upgrade to iOS 5 Beta on my iPhone 4 and it occured to me that because this is a beta release of new software my new Fiesta may not recognise the phone and fail to pair with it.

Does anyone have any idea if updating to the new software will have any implications with regards to pairing with Bluetooth or do people think it'll be fine?

Not going to update to it if it is going to fail to pair when it turns up next week.

Anyone able to shed light on this would be greatly appreciated!

At your own risk;

1) It is only a developers beta version, one of several to be released over the next few months

2) It does not yet support full expected ios5 functionalty

3) We all have enough problems with full releases, lord knows what a beta version will be like

4) It does not yet support carrier services - you will NOT be able to conect to your mobile network, just see some of the features so far available

Hope this helps....Elkie

Thanks

From what I have read online people are able to use the phone as a phone, and if there are any problems its possible to downgrade firmware..

and if worst comes to the worst and I brick the iPhone then I can get out of that too..

I'll give it a try later :)

Hi

Just thought I'd report back with my findings. It paired fine, and now even displays the track name of the bluetooth screen of the fez which is a bonus.

But I have found a few bad points, it seems to have changed the audio quality, as I used to have my iP4 set to bass booster and it sounded brill, but now it sounds very distorted and I have had to turn the bass right down in the car settings and change the iP4 EQ to Pop.

I had to re-pair it on my return journey, with the passcode. Not sure if this is going to be a regular occurrence or not.

Make sure you have a Developer register your iPhone's UCDID or whatever its called or your going to lose the phone functionality.

Thanks

Kris

Hi

Just thought I'd report back with my findings. It paired fine, and now even displays the track name of the bluetooth screen of the fez which is a bonus.

But I have found a few bad points, it seems to have changed the audio quality, as I used to have my iP4 set to bass booster and it sounded brill, but now it sounds very distorted and I have had to turn the bass right down in the car settings and change the iP4 EQ to Pop.

I had to re-pair it on my return journey, with the passcode. Not sure if this is going to be a regular occurrence or not.

Make sure you have a Developer register your iPhone's UCDID or whatever its called or your going to lose the phone functionality.

Thanks

Kris

Hi mate,

Thanks for reporting back, I ended up updating to iOS 5 last night..took a little while and everything seems to be working fine at the moment, I've currently got a Parrot bluetooth systems in my mk4 fiesta and it paired fine this morning.

First impressions are good of iOS 5, obviously very buggy, as with any software beta but overall its pretty good..loving the new notification system! B)

Yeah I have a contact over in America who registered my UUID for me, worked a treat.

Hopefully the bass issue you had was just a bug for the moment, I've got to load all my music back onto my phone as it wiped it all, even though I backed everything up beforehand.

Thanks for checking though :) I've got the iOS 4.3.3 ipsw file just in case it bricks it and I have to downgrade.

Got iOS5 on my iPod Touch. Seems to work fine...chuffed with the song name being displayed. If you press the 'Info' button it will display artist and album too.

Notifications in iOS5 is such a breath of fresh air. Took them long enough to sort it though!! :D

Got iOS5 on my iPod Touch. Seems to work fine...chuffed with the song name being displayed. If you press the 'Info' button it will display artist and album too.

Notifications in iOS5 is such a breath of fresh air. Took them long enough to sort it though!! :D

Yeah only took 4 years haha :)

The lock screen is pretty good too..and the fact that you can still use the phone whilst it syncs to the computer is good too B)

Still messing around with all the features..shame us in the UK cant get the iTunes over the air yet :huh:

When is the finished version due?

I was very tempted to update my iPhone to ios 5, but i dare not incase i brick a £500 handset :lol:. I like the sound of some of the new features apple are putting in :)

When is the finished version due?

They're saying its going to be out in the fall..pretty vague to be honest..

I was thinking twice about updating because of the risk of bricking the iPhone, but I did a bit of research and you can fix a bricket iPhone if it comes to it so I just updated..and I'm glad I did :)

Glad that it still works with the Fiesta, and judging by what people have said they've added some functions to it :)

Roll on next week so I can try them out! :D

I have found a few bugs with iOS 5 and the bluetooth.

I have had trouble getting it to go onto the bluetooth playback, takes a few clicks of the "Aux" button before it decided to switch over.

Also have found it doesn't like to connect to the phone function if you are already on a call and connect it to the bluetooth when you jump in the car.

But an above poster is correct the EQ issue is a bug and will hopefully be sorted in the next build.

If you find anymore bugs during daily use can you post back :)

Kind Regards

Kris

Thanks Kris!

I've encountered a few bugs from daily use, obviously the usual crashes and things not loading, casual restarts and the like. But overall for a first beta build it is actually pretty stable :)

A few bugs with regards to the notification centre/lock screen not showing incoming emails from hotmail account when gmail and exchange accounts work fine with this.

I will be sure to test the phone out once I pick the car up..its been confirmed that Apple have included track/artist info over bluetooth streaming so everyone will have that feature soon..

What about you? Any issues?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have just got my Fiesta and I have paired my iPhone 4 running iOS 5 beta, however the contacts have doubled and show 2 of everything..

I'm not sure if this is just a iOS 5 issue or if other people have had this. If this is the case is there a way to change this to just show one?

Cheers

Also, is it normal to have to keep going into settings on the iPhone to make it connect to the bluetooth? My parrot system used to connect automatically..

Sounds like to me iOS 5 has a few bugs with the Fiesta bluetooth. On iOS 4.3.3 (think thats what we are on atm?) my iPhone connects by it's self providing bluetooth is on before you turn the radio on.

Sounds like to me iOS 5 has a few bugs with the Fiesta bluetooth. On iOS 4.3.3 (think thats what we are on atm?) my iPhone connects by it's self providing bluetooth is on before you turn the radio on.

Hi Mark,

yeah it would seem that way..dont know whether or not to downgrade to 4.3.3 (it is possible) until it becomes more stable..or stay with it until the next beta comes out..

Have you had any issues with your contacts doubling up?

No, had no problems on 4.3.3, have you got any contacts on the SIM card? It might be picking them up from there? But i'm not sure on that because the Fiesta had never picked up on SIM card contacts before

I'll have a look later.

The only other thought is that because iOS 5 backs up your contacts on iCloud that could be causing it to double up..

I'll just downgrade later on..takes a while but needs must

• 3 months later...
and now even displays the track name of the bluetooth screen of the fez which is a bonus.

How did you get it to do this? I'm using that GM of iOS5 and and it plays music over BT just fine, but I get no song info (just the occasional 'BT Error cannot read mobile data' warning).

Pressing the info button does nothing.

Thanks.

Which Fiesta have you got?

How did you get it to do this? I'm using that GM of iOS5 and and it plays music over BT just fine, but I get no song info (just the occasional 'BT Error cannot read mobile data' warning).

Pressing the info button does nothing.

Thanks.

Im on the GM release myself. I noticed that the Beta 1 of IOS5 did display track data over bluetooth, but from Beta 2 onwards it never has and I get the BT error warning every so often. Did anyone else experience this?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club