Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reving Up Problem

zeteclad

hi fellow ford friends i have a problem with one of my ford cars its my 53plate focus 1.6 petrol when i come up to a junction or stop at traffic lights when im slowing down (jst before i stop my car revs up to 2000 rpm and then drops back to idle as i stop its been happen more and more lately and now its seems to be doing it all the time can anyone help

hi fellow ford friends i have a problem with one of my ford cars its my 53plate focus 1.6 petrol when i come up to a junction or stop at traffic lights when im slowing down (jst before i stop my car revs up to 2000 rpm and then drops back to idle as i stop its been happen more and more lately and now its seems to be doing it all the time can anyone help

Sounds like it could be the Idle Control Valve, on some moments I found starting my Focus, it would rev a little more (maybe up to 1250) then dropped down to normal rev rate within 10 seconds or so! replace the ICV as I dont think they are that expensive and its most likely the one that will fix this for you!

It may also be a vacuum leak. I had a similar problem on my MKII mondeo. It was revving high when braking while engine warm. Then it would go down to normal level and sometimes stall completely, so i had to restart the engine. Problem was related to a vacuum leak. Had my car in for the APK(Dutch version of MOT) and they also replaced the vacuum hose as it was leaking. After this the idling issue was gone.

Lars