Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Filters?

bigmcclarron

Right guys help me please?!

I have a MK7 zs petrol, I have been told to get some kind of air filter on there,

so started looking and the obvious and fairly well priced unit is the K&N stuff, but whats the difference

between a panel filter and a normal filter, and more importantly what do I need to get to notice a difference in performance??!

I know a few people will say the J1 but atm money is tight so thats out the window!

Thanks

Charlie

Changing the filter won't make any difference on its own.

K&N have come down in price as they aren't selling very well these days.

Save your money and stick with the paper ones. If the K&N's were so good, why don't maunfacturers use them as standard?

i have a tornado air fliter on mine cost 15 quid and sounds like a monster truck

Save your money and stick with the paper ones. If the K&N's were so good, why don't maunfacturers use them as standard?

because they engineer them to keep engine noise down to a minimum, not because of the quality of them, K&N are made to deliver performance with very little concern for the noise it makes, imagine a country littered with fiesta's with overly loud engines, wont sell particularly well would it

a K&N cone will improve sound massively, i got one and it sounds the !Removed!, but as for performance wise, not much a change... how ever if you set one up correctly (install a cold air feed pipe and shield it in some fashion from engine heat) you will see minor gains...

A panel filter on the other hand will just slot into the existing box and use the air feed from that, if you can afford one go for it... improve the sound a heck of alot

If the K&N's were so good, why don't maunfacturers use them as standard?

A K&N panel filter will almost always be better. Small increase in power, better sound, and you can wash them so they never need replacing.

Where do people get their filters from and what type do you use?

Just bought a k&n panel filter from the bay for £38 delivered should be here today!

Just google panel filer then follow it by the make, model and year of your car to get the correct one ;).

i have a tornado air fliter on mine cost 15 quid and sounds like a monster truck

Where did you get it from?

Not to mention some engines in the range are purposely limited with restricted breathing to put the car in a lower insurance group or emmissions bracket

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club