Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Profile Photo

Magenta

I can't find a suitable place to post this topic and nothing in the 'help' is of use to me so here goes.

I want to upload a profile photo of my Fiesta but it says my photo is too large even though "image scaling is on". It says it shouldn't be larger than 100kb (mine is 253kb)and dimensions 150 pixels X 150 pixels (mine appears to be 1632 X 1224). My phone camera is nothing really special these days at 3.2 Mpx. The limitations they quote must be for pretty poor images which isn't the case looking at other profile photos. What am I doing wrong ?

You need to resize the photo to less that 150x150 and then it will upload fine. Can do this in any photo editor (including Paint if you have Windows7)

Thanks for that, by trial and guesswork it worked ! I have Windows Vista and used Paint. I assume I have to sign up as a supporter for my profile photo to be displayed with posts.

No anyone can have a photo with their posts - you might have uploaded it to the wrong section as there are 2:

1. Photo - what people see when they click on your name and see the 'about you' content
  2. Avatar - what is displayed next to each post

Hope this helps :)

Thanks a lot. As you can see it certainly did help !

I assume I have to sign up as a supporter for my profile photo to be displayed with posts.

if you mean the photo some of us have under each post we make that is called a 'signature' most of us store the picture somewhere like Photobucket and link it to here.

If your not sure and can email me a photo I'll store it for you (and edited if you wish)

That was good going - considering you have Vista! (* spit).

;-)

Yeah, I'm surprised it worked with Paint. Vista came with this desktop new in 2009. I suspected at the time that Vista was just a Microsoft stop-gap as they hadn't got Windows 7 debugged enough. I will upgrade sometime but happy for now. I've also got an older desktop with XP and a laptop also with Vista, all networked.

By the way, the photo is actually my previous Mk 7. My current one is Morello in colour, I must take a photograph !

if you mean the photo some of us have under each post we make that is called a 'signature' most of us store the picture somewhere like Photobucket and link it to here.

If your not sure and can email me a photo I'll store it for you (and edited if you wish)

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. I've got a copy of Paintshop Pro to install sometime when I get around to it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club