Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Fiesta!

jmbrown91

Thanks YAMS =)

Haha that's because you know Vision is best ;)

Maybe ;)

Looks very nice! Now all you need to do is give it a propper clean ;)

Haha cheers Mark! Yeah I know..i went to Manchester and back on Friday and it is pretty dirty now..offer still stand on some cleaning tips? Lol

:lol: Yeah...it does. Let me just find the brillo pad and fairy washing up liquid ;)

That's normal for a Turbo Diesel I'm afraid. Try to get the revs to 2500 (or even higher ;) ) before changing gear & make your gear changes as quick as possible to keep the revs high & reduce the turbo lag. This will of course use more fuel.

As merlin also mentioned there can be quite a lag in 2nd before the turbo kicks in. This usually happens when slowing down to a speed not quite slow enough for first gear but with low revs. I find a little clutch control can build the revs back up.

It's really just a matter of getting used to driving it as it can be quite different to driving a petrol powered car.

Mine does that too. However, you are reassured with the nice whizzing noise of the turbo if you turn the stereo down. Bit of clutch control works a treat. just need to get used to it

:lol: Yeah...it does. Let me just find the brillo pad and fairy washing up liquid ;)

haha :lol: can you PM a list of what I need to get? was going to either make a trip to Halfords tomorrow or order it online..

Mine does that too. However, you are reassured with the nice whizzing noise of the turbo if you turn the stereo down. Bit of clutch control works a treat. just need to get used to it

Yeah I did notice the noise it makes haha :)

By the way I also noticed that once I turn the engine off theres like this weird noise, hard to describe but my dad said sounds like the car has a cuckoo in it :blink: goes on for about 5 seconds then stops...any ideas?? And again after a little while sitting in the car this this really loud noise coming from what sounds like the passenger side and centre behind the dash like a whirring/clicking noise for a bout 10-15 then stops..dont suppose that could be like a fan or something??

By the way I also noticed that once I turn the engine off theres like this weird noise, hard to describe but my dad said sounds like the car has a cuckoo in it :blink: goes on for about 5 seconds then stops...any ideas?? And again after a little while sitting in the car this this really loud noise coming from what sounds like the passenger side and centre behind the dash like a whirring/clicking noise for a bout 10-15 then stops..dont suppose that could be like a fan or something??

The first noise has been discussed on many forums but as of yet I've not seen anyone come up with an answer or explanation - rest assured it is normal though.

The 2nd (whirring) is also normal - because you're all fancy and have climate control it's just the servos/motors going back to default position ;)

The first noise has been discussed on many forums but as of yet I've not seen anyone come up with an answer or explanation - rest assured it is normal though.

The 2nd (whirring) is also normal - because you're all fancy and have climate control it's just the servos/motors going back to default position ;)

haha thanks for putting my mind at rest Nathan, sorry I went for the logical choice and got a Titanium that comes with everything haha ;) we could have this discussion all night but yano :P When we going to meet?

haha thanks for putting my mind at rest Nathan, sorry I went for the logical choice and got a Titanium that comes with everything haha ;) we could have this discussion all night but yano :P When we going to meet?

I've spent about 7 hours working on and cleaning my car today - and more hours yet to come! Hopefully soon whilst it's still clean!

I've spent about 7 hours working on and cleaning my car today - and more hours yet to come! Hopefully soon whilst it's still clean!

Mine needs cleaning now..went to see Bon Jovi in Manchester on Friday and its trashed from the journey :/ although it is getting valeted at Allen Ford tomorrow because they took forever :) itll be a crap job though so will need to be done again lol <_<

You around at the weekend?

Mine needs cleaning now..went to see Bon Jovi in Manchester on Friday and its trashed from the journey :/ although it is getting valeted at Allen Ford tomorrow because they took forever :) itll be a crap job though so will need to be done again lol <_<

You around at the weekend?

Off topic: how did you like the Bon Jovi concert? I wanted to go also but I mixed the dates :D

Off topic: how did you like the Bon Jovi concert? I wanted to go also but I mixed the dates :D

It was really good! we were right near the front about 10 metres away :) got absolutely soaked but was well worth it :)

It was really good! we were right near the front about 10 metres away :) got absolutely soaked but was well worth it :)

To bad I missed it...

Let's get back to your Fiesta. How do you feel after driving it for a while now?

To bad I missed it...

Let's get back to your Fiesta. How do you feel after driving it for a while now?

Feels good :) smooth, comfortable and pretty quick once you get past the turbo lag :) love the keyless entry and when you get in at night with the illuminated sills :)

How logn till you get yours?

Feels good :) smooth, comfortable and pretty quick once you get past the turbo lag :) love the keyless entry and when you get in at night with the illuminated sills :)

How logn till you get yours?

I got mine on the 02.06.2011, but it will still take one month till I get my hands on the car, unfortunately...I am counting the days ;)

The one in the profile picture is mine...

That's nice mate :) You'll love it

Quick question (I'm sure there will be more), Does anyone who has a 1.6 TDCi find that when they change up a gear it feels like the car has no power then all of a sudden the turbo kicks in? Is it meant to do that? Just to put my mind at rest..

Thanks

Yep, my 2011 TDCi does the same, pointless trying a quick start in 1st gear just dies after 2.5 thousand revs and then picks up again.

Our 1.6 Focus diesel doesn't do it, I can only imagine it s becasue of the Fiesta's tiny turbo

That's nice mate :) You'll love it

I am sure I will...but waiting the moment is the taught part... :D

Yeah, the wait between the car being delivered and actually being able to pick up was torture..and that was only 5 days!! :huh:

Yeah, the wait between the car being delivered and actually being able to pick up was torture..and that was only 5 days!! :huh:

You see...anyway sometimes it happens and I've learned during the years that patience is a key to many doors... :)

I will post many pictures after I get a spin with the car ;)

You would think the small turbo in the fiesta would spool quicker than a larger turbo.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club