Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lights On Chimes Spadmodic Working

gabbagio

Still no joy with fault.dealer has had car several times but cannot find fault although they had it overnight and the fault occured as usual when the car was cold.

I asked them to changed the GEM module but they told me that as the mod cost £200 and had to be configured to the car Ford would not cover this if the original mod was not at fault. I have emailed Ford HQ twice but with no reply I have left it with the dealer that if either of us hears anything we will let the ther know. everything works ok after about 9am but I dont know if this will be the case when winter comes and the temperature drops.

• 8 months later...

Still no joy with fault.dealer has had car several times but cannot find fault although they had it overnight and the fault occured as usual when the car was cold.

I asked them to changed the GEM module but they told me that as the mod cost £200 and had to be configured to the car Ford would not cover this if the original mod was not at fault. I have emailed Ford HQ twice but with no reply I have left it with the dealer that if either of us hears anything we will let the ther know. everything works ok after about 9am but I dont know if this will be the case when winter comes and the temperature drops.

Still no info on this. Car is going in to dealers on friday 24th feb. for 2 year service will ask them again re lights on chimes, do not hold out too much hope though. As I thought the chimes worked most of the time during the summer but directly the temp. dropped below about 10- 13c they stopped, getting the car nice and hot does not make any difference though. I stil think that if the car is sold to you new with certain features then they should work or be sorted out until they do work. It seems Ford do not agree. .I said for years I would not buy Ford wish I had stuck to my words. Although I will admit that it is a great little car (so far). its the aftersales that let it down.

I don't understand what your fault is , did you post the fault in another thread?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club