Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recent Issues With Mk7 Fiesta

icecoldmilkman

Hey all,

My car is a Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium (MK7). This is just an info post in case anyone else is experiencing a similar issue and I do have a question :)

Within the last month I have noticed a strange flashing LED dot in the centre console after starting my Fiesta (above the fuel gauge and below the clock counter). I checked the manual but there was no reference to it. At the time of red LED dot flashing there was no message displayed on radio (as I had read in another topic here that the flashing red dot had been accompanied by a message displaying 'service due' or to that effect) but for mine it was only the red flashing dot. By stopping the engine and starting again it did not re-occur although, a few days would pass and it would then randomly re-appear on startup!...and so on.

SO, earlier this week I notice that my Voice Control button was unresponsive and on checking the radio display all the left hand icons (CD, Radio, Aux, etc) were lit apart from the Phone icon. Normally I have my phone connect via bluetooth to the Ford unit and so on pressing the 'Phone' button I was surprised that it simply muted the radio instead. My phone would not pick up the unit nor could I press the Phone button to check the settings as it would just mute the sound.

I was informed by Ford that a software update was required to fix these (under warranty of course).

Update has now been applied which 'so far' has fixed the flashing led issue but for the other issues they relate to a faulty comm unit which is to be replaced.

Bizarrely though, post-new-update the driver side window does not close fully via one-press of the window switch? It opens fully just fine with one press of the switch but to close it, I need to hold down the button until it closes?! Any ideas? Am sure it did it both ways before.

I hope the info helps and I hope someone can answer my query!

Thanks!

Go see the dealer,I had the red flashing light issue with my first Mk7. it was one of the earlier models (2009), and in conjunction with what you've said, it used to occasionally flash non stop after start up until I restarted the engine. Ive never seen it on the later models though so could just be software related (?).

I never had the car long enough to warrant looking into it, but it was never a major issue. To my best knowledge the light symbolises the immobiliser and is just a minor fault - i wouldnt expect the flashing light to mean that the immobiliser will kick in mid-journey!

In terms of the drivers side window,my drivers side window never closes with one touch anyway? or is this a titanium thing? do u have electric windows all round?

There are occasions where the one touch driver side window is disabled. After removing the battery and other things.

There is a simple fix for it which I read on these forums but have forgotten at the moment. :/

Found it; open the windows fully and keep the switch held down for five seconds, then pull the switch to close the window and keep it held for five seconds. Repeating this two or three tines should reset the one touch function.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Loz Cheung and irononreverse! Sorry for the delay in my reply to this as I thought Id give the car a good 2 weeks worth of monitoring the issues. The window fix worked a treat! B)

Okay 2 weeks on and things seemed better. New ECU working fine and flashing red dot stopped....well until 2 days ago. This time its slightly different. Similar to last time as soon as you one click on the ignition the light starts flashing BUT then after 20 seconds it stops, flashes once and then 6 times and stops. Flashes again for around 20 seconds, stops, flashes once and then 6 times again. Turning the ignition back one click stops it (until the next random time).

Latest thing is that Ford Dealers have now spotted a 'potential' oil leak in the engine. Due to the fact that I haven't actually had to top it up myself and missed pouring into the oil funnel (the dealer had asked me this)...I assume this is an 'under warranty' investigation and fix? Because I noticed on the jobsheet a price of around 30 pounds for that pleasure! I will have a scroll through the forum now in regards to this but if someone can just confirm that this 'issue' would be covered under warranty that would be great! :)

There are occasions where the one touch driver side window is disabled. After removing the battery and other things.

There is a simple fix for it which I read on these forums but have forgotten at the moment. :/

Found it; open the windows fully and keep the switch held down for five seconds, then pull the switch to close the window and keep it held for five seconds. Repeating this two or three tines should reset the one touch function.

Thanks - I've had the same problem and this solved it. I had to try it a few times but got there in the end. I do wonder why this works - it seems very strange!

It works this way coz the unit that controls the windowmotor can learn how long to work till the window is fully closed.

You guys have to push the button down to open the window and pull it up to close the window ????

Normally : pull up means window up, push down means window goes down ... But hey, normally the steering wheel is on the left hand side and driving is done on the right side of the road also ... so maybe it's just normal abnormal on the island ....

You guys have to push the button down to open the window and pull it up to close the window ????

Normally : pull up means window up, push down means window goes down

Is it me or did you just say the same thing twice because that is actually how it works....

My previous Fiesta Mk 7 (an early 2009 1.6TDCI) used to do this flashing LED thing sometimes after starting off. It would flash rapidly to start with and then flash less frequently as I progressed and then stop altogether. It didn't seem to affect anything at all. I put it down to something to do with the immobiliser (which was worrying). The dealer said they had "loaded new software" which didn't convince me as it still happened now and again. My current Fiesta Mk7 (late 2009 1.4 petrol) hasn't done it at all so far.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club