Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Systems Fault Warning Light

rafa

Hello. I have a 2006 c-max with a 1.8 tdci engine. During the last week the Engine systems fault warning light has been coming on accompanied by a loss of power. The light is on after starting the engine, then it goes off and on during driving, but mostly on. When the warning lioght is on the engine will only rev to 3000rpm maximum. I have had the car plugged into a diagnostics computer and all it comes up with a heat plug system fault, which can not be cleared. The engine starts fine. No other faults show up. I was told to check that the ERG valve was not sticking. I have checked and cleaned it and it seems to be working ok. I was also told it could be a faulty turbo. I think the turbo has an electronic wastegate. I have changed the air and fuel filters ang checked for loose wiring etc. Can anybody shed any light on my problem. Thankyou.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I have a 2006 c-max with a 1.8 tdci engine. During the last week the Engine systems fault warning light has been coming on accompanied by a loss of power. The light is on after starting the engine, then it goes off and on during driving, but mostly on. When the warning lioght is on the engine will only rev to 3000rpm maximum. I have had the car plugged into a diagnostics computer and all it comes up with a heat plug system fault, which can not be cleared. The engine starts fine. No other faults show up. I was told to check that the ERG valve was not sticking. I have checked and cleaned it and it seems to be working ok. I was also told it could be a faulty turbo. I think the turbo has an electronic wastegate. I have changed the air and fuel filters ang checked for loose wiring etc. Can anybody shed any light on my problem. Thankyou.

I have a Focus TDCI 1.8,The engine system fault digital readout came on along with the red light,anywhere from just after setting off to maybe 16 miles,no codes stored in the self diagnostics,car was very underpowered,turbo didnt kick in at the usual 1500 revs- not all the time though,now I dont know what it is I aint a mechanic and dont have a manual but was having a look under the engine cos it sounded as if the zorst was blowing looked up past the oil filter to the left,noticed a small linkage disconnected.A small 'arm'with a pin with another arm with a sleeved hole obviously for the pin to go in,a c clip must have come off allowing the link to disconnect.Set off for work this morning in a totally different car,smooth as you like-feel the turbo kick in again-no digital warning or red light.Hope you could follow this. I wasnt going to pay over the odds to be told ford cant find a fault in the diagnostics,heard too many stories of people spending hundreds following what garages have told them to no effect.I can only assume that was causing the problem cos I doubt spray cleaning electrical connections would do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Focus TDCI 1.8,The engine system fault digital readout came on along with the red light,anywhere from just after setting off to maybe 16 miles,no codes stored in the self diagnostics,car was very underpowered,lack of throttle, turbo didnt kick in at the usual 1500 revs- not all the time though,now I dont know what it is I aint a mechanic and dont have a manual but was having a look under the engine cos it sounded as if the zorst was blowing looked up past the oil filter to the left,noticed a small linkage disconnected.A small 'arm'with a pin with another arm with a sleeved hole obviously for the pin to go in,a c clip must have come off allowing the link to disconnect which i take it is some turbo actuator arm - ish.Set off for work this morning in a totally different car,smooth as you like-feel the turbo kick in again-no digital warning or red light.Hope you could follow this. I wasnt going to pay over the odds to be told ford cant find a fault in the diagnostics,heard too many stories of people spending hundreds following what garages have told them to no effect.I can only assume that was causing the problem cos I doubt spray cleaning electrical connections would do it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club