Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot Failure - Nasty

cressws1

001 Offside Headlamp aim too low and too far right.

002 Nearside anti-roll bar linkage has excessive play in a ball joint.

003 Nearside front suspension arm rubber mounting deriorated resulting in excessive movement

004 Offside front suspension arm rubber mounting deriorated resulting in excessive movement

005 Nearside rear and Offside rear brake pipe excessively corroded.

Over 250 quid for the lot, Thats as well as having a 150 quid Exhaust repair last month and £120 for 6 months tax this month.

I hate this time of year.....

cressws1

sh't happens mate, what reg is it and what does it have on the clock?

Road Tax, that's a ball ache any time it's due, £120, you pay a lump extra for the extra 200cc and six month payment...the 1.6 is £165 per annum.

T Reg' with 170,000 on the clock.

Second year in a row it's failed costing 200 quid or more. I think I'll start looking to replace it as it looks like its reached that stage where it needs money throwing at it left right and centre!

Second year in a row it's failed costing 200 quid or more. I think I'll start looking to replace it as it looks like its reached that stage where it needs money throwing at it left right and centre!

Its a shame you dont work on your own cars,I started doing all my own stuff when i started driving, I reckon i've saved a fortune - its not for everyone though. I would much rather spend a saturday afternoon keeping busy than giving someone my money :lol:

When i had the focus i put new arms, roll bar drop links, track rod ends, 4 brake hoses and was just about to do 4 new brake pipes. I spent about £120 for all these parts and a few hours of my time, 4 new brake pipes would have added another £40 and another couple of hours.

Admittedly the brake pipe tool was £130 but it was an investment although they can be had for £20!

Had replaced 2 parts of the exhaust a while back, downpipe and the cat (bl00dy expensive) - cost about £200

Well to be honest, it's a twelve year old car, having covered a fair amount of miles....stuff wears out eventually.

I know the older a car gets and the more it begins to cost to keep it safe and fit for purpose, you start thinking, should I cut and run. I need to spend this on it, and last year I spent that on it, so it's a hard call to make.

But you could always look at it this way:

The older it gets the less it depreciates in actual pound notes. In the last twelve months a 57 plate 1.8 Zetec Climate will have lost £585 in it's PX depreciation value........Your motor lost £35

Lol new shape Fiesta dropped £600 this month alone

Yes that's why when I'm queuing at the Depreciation Sandwich Bar, I can be heard saying....after you.....no honestly I don't mind :rolleyes:

Most of those could be repaired for next to nothing, depending how handy you are with a set of spanners. The hardest thing to do is the brake pipes but even they are easy when you get the hang of it.

To be honest I don't think that the MOT fail list is that bad for a car that has done 170000 miles. I have done more for the MOT on cars with half that milage

Well all work done and dusted.

Nearside and offside front suspension arms replaced, Nearside and offside anti rollbar linkage's replaced, Headlights alligned, Nearside and offside rear brake pipes replaced.

£287 Inc Vat.

Car feels a lot different to drive now it's done, Especially in corners.

All in all not too bad, Just a bit of a shock going from 0 advisories last year to 300 odd notes this year.

There you go, good for another 170k or so :)

And it saves you all the hassle of buying another motor with its unknown problems. Besides giving the dealer another £1,500 on top of it's real value for the privilege.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club