Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Desire Hd Bluetooth Problem

kpo

My Desire HD worked perfectly with the Fiesta bluetooth until recently. The only change I can think of is that I upgraded it to Android 2.3.

Now it pairs fine, and will dial a number and receive a call. The problem is there is nothing coming through the Speakers. I can hear the ringing when I have an incoming call but when its answered I can't hear anyone talking even though they can hear me.

I've tried it with an old Samsung phone, and my daughter's Desire (not HD) and both work fine. So it doesn't seem to be the Fiesta that's at fault. I've contacted HTC and have done a reset as they suggested This made no difference. They don't see it as a software problem, and I can swap files both ways with other phones so would have thought this meant that bluetooth was okay. I'm waiting for their next suggestion, but it seems likely that they will want me to send the phone back to them.

Anyone else had similar problems, or offer any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

PS Just spotted this thread:

http://www.fordowner...__1#entry106780

Tried the workround even though my paint is not even metallic, and it didn't work.

Have you checked simple things like the media volume in the music player is turned up?

How old is your car? The radio firmware may need updating.

I have the HTC Desire HD running 2.3 and I don't have any problems streaming music.

Have you checked simple things like the media volume in the music player is turned up?

How old is your car? The radio firmware may need updating.

I have the HTC Desire HD running 2.3 and I don't have any problems streaming music.

Thanks for your reply. Just had another go and double checked media volume. It was fairly high, but turned it right up just in case - no difference. Didn't realise that there was an in-call menu to select where the output was going to, but it was set correctly as well.

Have you used the phone through bluetooth?

I've only had a quick go at streaming music - when I select the BT option on the Audio menu it says no device found. My car is April 2009.

The thing that stops me thinking its the car is that it did work fine, and it still works fine with two other phones.

Every time I'm the the car I'm always streaming music from the phone - make the occasional phone call without issue too.

I last had my firmware updated in October 2010 so there is definitely an update for you.

Also try debonding (deleting) your phone from the car (and delete the car from the phone) and then pairing again.

Every time I'm the the car I'm always streaming music from the phone - make the occasional phone call without issue too.

I last had my firmware updated in October 2010 so there is definitely an update for you.

Also try debonding (deleting) your phone from the car (and delete the car from the phone) and then pairing again.

I've just tried debonding and re-pairing as you suggested. No difference. Think the next step is to see what my Local Ford dealer can do. Any idea what they are likely to charge for the update?

Mine has always been free under warranty.

One further question: Whose Gingerbread did you apply to your Desire? There were changes to the bluetooth stack (the software that handles the bluetooth protocols) in Gingerbread that caused problems across Android.

Also - what software are you using on the Desire to handle the in-car configuration?

Just a thought

Savcom

One further question: Whose Gingerbread did you apply to your Desire? There were changes to the Bluetooth stack (the software that handles the Bluetooth protocols) in Gingerbread that caused problems across Android.

Also - what software are you using on the Desire to handle the in-car configuration?

Just a thought

Savcom

I got my phone from Carphone Warehouse and am on t-Mobile, but I think the upgrade came from HTC as the phone is not tied to t-Mobile.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second question. Do you mean to do the bonding? If so, it's the standard bluetooth connection software that's in Android (I think!). I've not downloaded anything extra to do with bluetooth. Hope that makes sense.

Whereabouts in the country are you? May be someone on here you can meet up with and test your phone with their stereo, or pop in to your dealer and used one of their cars.

Whereabouts in the country are you? May be someone on here you can meet up with and test your phone with their stereo, or pop in to your dealer and used one of their cars.

Sheffield. I thought about that - I will try to go into the dealer sometime this week and see if they will let me try it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update - I went into the dealers and one of the car salesmen let me have a go in a similar Fiesta - from what he said the newer ones have a different sound system so not really worth trying. The phone behaved exactly the same as in mine, although I don't think he was certain whether that particular car has had the update or not!

Following this I sent my phone back to HTC. It arrived back today and is just the same as it was before. I've telephoned and they said all they really do is reflash the ROM and test it connects to bluetooth devices. There is apparently no way to roll back to the previous version of Android.

Anyway, I've now booked the car in for the update next Wednesday - think it is a warrant repair although the service bloke went on about if the update wasn't the problem it may not be covered! I'll report back after then.

Just an update - I went into the dealers and one of the car salesmen let me have a go in a similar Fiesta - from what he said the newer ones have a different sound system so not really worth trying. The phone behaved exactly the same as in mine, although I don't think he was certain whether that particular car has had the update or not!

Following this I sent my phone back to HTC. It arrived back today and is just the same as it was before. I've telephoned and they said all they really do is reflash the ROM and test it connects to Bluetooth devices. There is apparently no way to roll back to the previous version of Android.

Anyway, I've now booked the car in for the update next Wednesday - think it is a warrant repair although the service bloke went on about if the update wasn't the problem it may not be covered! I'll report back after then.

You could always try "rooting" the phone then upgrading/changing it's "radio". The radio firmware includes bluetooth. HTC's official 2.3 update has probably updated the radio which is causing the problem. It sounds complicated but once the phone is rooted it's pretty straight forward. If you're interested you'll find instruction for your phone on XDA developers forums.

• Like 1

You could always try "rooting" the phone then upgrading/changing it's "radio". The radio firmware includes bluetooth. HTC's official 2.3 update has probably updated the radio which is causing the problem. It sounds complicated but once the phone is rooted it's pretty straight forward. If you're interested you'll find instruction for your phone on XDA developers forums.

I am a bit wary of this as it presumably would invalidate any warranty on the phone. I have read that HTC are releasing software officially to do this so think its best to wait if I don't get any further.

Latest is that Ford have updated the software (no charge), and I can now stream music via bluetooth. Unfortunately the problem with phone calls is still exactly the same as before. This must come down to the software on the phone.

iNath - could you post your software versions from the phone please. HTC suggested checking yours and mine to see where there are any differences. I'll get back to HTC with this info and see if they can suggest anything further.

HTC do also release RUUs (ROM Update Utilities) that you can run though your computer. They're the equivalent of an over-the-air update package, but you have to start them via a computer with your phone plugged in by USB.

There is a selection of these available for download here: http://shipped-roms.com/index.php?category=android&model=Ace (the Desire HD codename is "Ace")

You have a choice of any of the WWE releases (world-wide english) as other releases will be branded.

Unfortunately both Gingerbread (2.3) releases available for download have the same radio, but there are a load of FroYo (2.2) releases with different radios.

I've been reading that you can't downgrade from certain radio versions, but it might be worth a try anyway.

iNath - could you post your software versions from the phone please. HTC suggested checking yours and mine to see where there are any differences. I'll get back to HTC with this info and see if they can suggest anything further.

Android version

HTC Sense version

Baseband version

12.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2

Kernel version

2.6.35.10-g0956377

Build number

Software number

Hope this helps :)

Android version

HTC Sense version

Baseband version

12.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2

Kernel version

2.6.35.10-g0956377

Build number

Software number

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for that info. It exactly the same as mine! Not sure whether that suggests its actually something in the hardware that's the problem. I'll get back to HTC and see what they can suggest now.

can you voice dial a name in your car with your HD Desire?????

i have the fiesta titanium 2011 and it wont dial a name from my desire but will dial a spoken number (sony system)

according to the ford mobile site, it says mobile doesnt support name dialling. yet the htc supports name dialling alone

i spoke to HTC and they havent a clue and said its ford that i should be talking to as HTC support many protocols

i find it even strange that the sony system can list the phone numbers, but cannot recognise any name i tell it, just says directory empty even though clearly its not as it displays them

I may go back to my old Nokia 5800 as it is fully supported, saves trying to remember loads of numbers!!

HTC desire

Android 2.2

your problem is not one ive heard of but I will put the blame on gingerbread

i have heard they are releasing it for my standard desire but dont think i will bother, even though i have the problem with my name dialling

hope u get it sorted

is there a way of updating the car stereo firmware? "can it be done?"

and i also agree with an earlier post you could try rooting but its a bit OTT

I spoke to HTC a few days ago and they didnt seem to have a clue!

good luck

can you voice dial a name in your car with your HD Desire?????

i have the fiesta titanium 2011 and it wont dial a name from my desire but will dial a spoken number (sony system)

according to the ford mobile site, it says mobile doesnt support name dialling. yet the htc supports name dialling alone

i spoke to HTC and they havent a clue and said its ford that i should be talking to as HTC support many protocols

i find it even strange that the sony system can list the phone numbers, but cannot recognise any name i tell it, just says directory empty even though clearly its not as it displays them

I may go back to my old Nokia 5800 as it is fully supported, saves trying to remember loads of numbers!!

HTC desire

Android 2.2

Mine is the older system rather than the new Sony, but it may well be the same. I've not used Voice dialling on the phone itself but have used the car's system, although its cumbersome to set up. The conversation to set it up is as follows:

Store name

Use this function to store new name abbreviations.

VOICE button /“BEEP“

"PHONE“

“PHONE“

“STORE NAME“

“STORE NAME, NAME PLEASE“

“(Name)“

“PLEASE REPEAT NAME“

“(Name)“

“STORE NAME (Name)“,

“NAME STORED, NUMBER PLEASE?“

“(phone number)“

“(phone number)“

“STORE“

“STORE NUMBER (phone number)“,

“NUMBER STORED“

To dial the number you use "Dial Name" - if there aren't any names you will get the Directory empty statement.

I notice that there is also a "Mobile Name" command which I presume is what you need to use a name actually on your phone, but have never tried it.

hmmm interesting, i will give this a go now thanks, fingers crossed x

Mine is the older system rather than the new Sony, but it may well be the same. I've not used Voice dialling on the phone itself but have used the car's system, although its cumbersome to set up. The conversation to set it up is as follows:

Store name

Use this function to store new name abbreviations.

VOICE button /“BEEP“

"PHONE“

“PHONE“

“STORE NAME“

“STORE NAME, NAME PLEASE“

“(Name)“

“PLEASE REPEAT NAME“

“(Name)“

“STORE NAME (Name)“,

“NAME STORED, NUMBER PLEASE?“

“(phone number)“

“(phone number)“

“STORE“

“STORE NUMBER (phone number)“,

“NUMBER STORED“

To dial the number you use "Dial Name" - if there aren't any names you will get the Directory empty statement.

I notice that there is also a "Mobile Name" command which I presume is what you need to use a name actually on your phone, but have never tried it.

WOW that worked!! so it has its own directory!!!, so thats a bonus for those phones that dont support direct phonebook name dialling

thats clever !!

Thanks AGAIN

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club