Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trying To Get A Wire Through To Battery From Boot

Richardhart90

Hi all,

I've fitted a towbar and im trying to get a wire from boot to battery to power relay.

Ive got it from boot to front passenger footwell, but im now stuck trying to get it through to battery !

I've seen a rectange plastic box and the surround that comes off behind dash which looks like it must be the main exit / entry as lots of wires go through it to bonet but cant seem to get a wire through it !

Also i cant see what taking the plastic surround off the box does, it doesnt seem to make it any easier !

Any help would be apreicated !

Thanks

Richard

hi there not sure what the lay out is on a focus, but would fink pretty much the same as the mondeo,

lift the bonnet up, and see where the fuse box is, there should be a load of wires wrapped together, which leads into the bulk head, follow this until u get to it, where the wire's go that is like rubbery, get a coat hanger, or something like that, and gentle feed it through the rubber bulk head bit, once uve a far bit through go in side car and look under the dash bit to see if u can see it, if u can try and tape wire to what ever uve feed through, and gentle pull it back through the bulk end until u can see it, then hay presto connect to battery,

here's some pics for u to look at so uve got a rough idea, (this is on a mondeo,)

P10100152.jpg

P10100162.jpg

P10100172.jpg

I have never seen this mythical entry point but i understand that if you remove your battery you should be able to see where the wiring goes from the engine bay into the car.

Graham

If you undo the I think it 5 screws holding in the glove box then pull it out, there is a couple of big grommets with loads of wires going through. Done it on mine to get wires through.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club