Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of Selling Focus

bottletree

Declare, the tuning can be detected at any point, and with sufficient grounds for supsicion, the insurance company will declare your policy null and void - good look if you write off an SLR with no insurance :(

Piggy backs a different story, you take it off in the event of an accident - no ones the wiser - not that im glorifying that...

Always declare!

Well I've seen Sods Law in action many a time, so I would personally always declare, if I were to ever go down the remap route.

As to piggy backing with the likes of a Bluefin hand held. Reading that thread, an investigative insurance engineer could suss the map had been accessed via a hand held shortly after the crash at the very least. Enough grounds for them to revoke the insurance, if reasonable explanations were not forthcoming, as to why that was so.

Hi, of course a remap should be declared to your insurance, it is a mod after all. However a good remap isn't that easy to detect at all if it done correctly, but then if your car is dressed up like some kind of chavmobile then you're likely to arouse suspicions, naturally....

Chris

if your car is dressed up like some kind of chavmobile then you're likely to arouse suspicions, naturally....

Chris

spot on there Chris

Hi, hey haven't you a job to go to? :P

Chris

Hi, hey haven't you a job to go to? :P

Chris

I've a three monitor set up, so I can multi task, wife sez I can't.......but I can :D

LOL, it's my job, thus wherever I am I can log on :D Only I came home early today, still having issues from my op in april :(

Chris

Hopefully nothing too serious Cuke!

As for the topic that has gone slightly off path... lol

Dodge are good motors, the engine itself is very robust, but some of their actual cars dont quite hold up to it on the interior. Some of them on the other hand are superior to many a car out there!

Hopefully nothing too serious Cuke!

I knew there was a question I was going to ask today, but you done it for me Jeeb

Jeez I looked at the dash on the calibre or whatever it is called..........cheap cheap sh@te IMHO

I mean the front of the Mk2 Focus is bland as hell, but the up side is when I'm sat in it, I don't see it.........sat in front of a calibre looking at that.............vomit.gif

Hi, the engine is actually a VW unit, thus it should be good, however, as it hasn't a DPF, it seems like it is a older one..

Chris

Good to see you're all coming round to the idea, little by little :D

Double post.

Good to see you're all coming round to the idea, little by little :D

However, from what I've read the rest of the car is cr*p and tinny...

Chris

And the little by little has just fallen apart...

If you want that sort of car, go Mazda 5 Sport :)

Hi, please, don't get me started on Mazda's unless you've all day. We've a M2 also, and, to me, it is the biggest piece of rubbish I have ever driven, thankfully not often. How Mazda can put a sport badge on a car, tard it up with some plastics and lead us to believe it is sporting I don't know.

Chris

I made a final decision to keep the Focus. Too many people saying the same thing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my car. Love the drive. Love its reliability. Love the look of it. Just a tad too small if there are any negatives.

Must be having a minor mid-life crisis. Should keep off Autotrader.

Phew that was a close call..... :rolleyes:

And if I was wanting to go bigger, it would be the Mondeo, pound for pound you wont find a better deal than a Mondeo, to buy, to service, and to buy spare parts. And as for reliability, well my Mk1 I had twelve months from being new, it's original clutch went in it's tenth year.

Cuke, Didnt realise that the Mazda was that bad, I have known a majority to be very good indeed!

BottleTree - Good Choice! The Focus is a great little car, just depends where you want the space - a decent looking roof box will cost you a lot less than a new car :) Otherwise if its cabin space, not much that can be done, or you could just put a really fat chavvy body kit on it, and use your imagingation that the inside is so much bigger :rolleyes: lol

Catch, I agree, the Mondeo certainly is a fantastic car, My father had the MK(2)? N reg, I think it was the MK2, and that was an excellent car, Other than the plastics inside, the Mondeo has near enough always been the same fantastic car through and through, Had I the funds at any point the latest shape would have been my car in place of the focus... Then it could have all been a different story...

Yeah the Mondeo is a good looking car with its own individuality. What i mean by that is most cars look very similar to each other these days, but you get the odd one that stands out with good looks. My brother did tell me to get the 2 litre diesel mondeo before i opted for this Focus.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club