Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Front Passenger Airbag Deactivation

BHeart

Hi

This query comes on the back of the thread relating to turning off ESP on the Fiesta.

Does the Fiesta Mk7 have a 'fitted as standard' deactivation switch for the front passengers airbag?

The reason I am asking is because my 2008 Corsa D has this feature as standard and I'm sure that most other late models also have this feature?

Having said that, when I was read through the ESP thread from the German Fiesta forum (further than page five), I'm sure that there was a Ford part number mentioned for a deactivation switch that you could buy and fit to the existing wiring that is already in the car?

Hi

This query comes on the back of the thread relating to turning off ESP on the Fiesta.

Does the Fiesta Mk7 have a 'fitted as standard' deactivation switch for the front passengers airbag?

The reason I am asking is because my 2008 Corsa D has this feature as standard and I'm sure that most other late models also have this feature?

Having said that, when I was read through the ESP thread from the German Fiesta forum (further than page five), I'm sure that there was a Ford part number mentioned for a deactivation switch that you could buy and fit to the existing wiring that is already in the car?

Unfortunaly not as standard, I was looking for it last summer when i was taking my friend's baby son home. Looked in the manual and looked to be an optional extra but I Never saw an option for it hmm....

I found this info

I had one fitted - cost £120. Couldn't get it done until after delivery as they had to order the parts. You get the switch (turned with a key) in the glove compartment, and a warning light replacing the card slot below the radio.

in this thread

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/5701-passenger-airbag/

It seems to tie up with my 2010 Zetec which has a blank switch place in the glovebox area (& we've already discussed the indicator bit ;) )

I think Ford don't fit a PAD switch as standard because they recommend rugrats go in the back anyway - seems like a cop out to me but it does also make sense.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club