Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot release - dashboard button & CD 4500 Error Code 83

secret6

I bought a 2005 1.4 TDCi in September.

Generally fine but two problems need attention.

I was wondering if any member has had similar experiences and can provide valuable knowledge of the likely cause and most importantly COST of repair

That is, whether I would have to go to a Ford dealer or can go elsewhere to save dosh in these credit crunched times.

1. The boot release button on the dashboard doesn't work. Remote and key unlock are fine.

2. RDS E.O.N. 4500 CD Error Code 83 - relates to CD ejection - it doesn't. No sound of the mechanism working at all. Plays fine.

This problem has £££££'s written all over it. I believe these units are a 100% nightmare to remove. Might this be an eBay replacement?

Priority would be the 4500 situation

Any observations are very welcome and gratefully acknowledged in advance

Thanks very much for reading this.

Salisbury,

Wiltshire

code 83 is the cd stuck in player code unfortunatley the player will have to be extracted from the dashboard( Using a pair of Extractor keys available off eBay or Halfords etc) , the casing removed, the CD released and the operating mechanism checked. not the first time i have come across this problem.with the boot release have you checked the fuse?

With the boot release. You have remembered to turn the ignition off completley and then tried the button ?

Also. Open the boot and remove the inner plastic pannel and check that the boot release motor is connected to the boot lock. If it isn't. You wont hear a sound coming from the switch until the release motor is connected.

Or you could try finding where the fuse is located (it doesn't state in the manual and neither fuse boxes show one.

As for the headunit. Its a cd stuck in player code as previously mentioned. Looking at near £300 for a replacement from Ford themselves. I have a 6000CD in silver that had a damaged facia bracket. Ford said I had to replace the whole headunit and couldn't just buy the silver section. Never bothered and just put my Kenwood headunit in. Much easier :)

With the boot release. You have remembered to turn the ignition off completley and then tried the button ?

Also. Open the boot and remove the inner plastic pannel and check that the boot release motor is connected to the boot lock. If it isn't. You wont hear a sound coming from the switch until the release motor is connected.

Or you could try finding where the fuse is located (it doesn't state in the manual and neither fuse boxes show one.

As for the headunit. Its a cd stuck in player code as previously mentioned. Looking at near £300 for a replacement from Ford themselves. I have a 6000CD in silver that had a damaged facia bracket. Ford said I had to replace the whole headunit and couldn't just buy the silver section. Never bothered and just put my Kenwood headunit in. Much easier :)

Thanks for the reply. The CD is basically knackered then, from what you say. eBay here I come. Ford can tickle themselves for £300.

Release button.: agree about the fuse and it's hidden location. I'll try and locate the release motor. The button makes no sound at all - probably shy.

I could just do without both, I suppose.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/style...ault/unsure.gif

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club