Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking/ Bonnet Realease Issue

yozza64

Hi guys got a small issue with my central locking, on my 2001 MK3 2.0 Zetec. Which is as follows. My car came with 2 keys a standard key and the remote key fob. Now the problem is this.

Firstly when I unlock the doors with the remote fob all the doors bar the drivers door wil open. I have to use the standard key to unlock drivers door. I then lock the car with the remote fob it will lock/unlock all doors. I have replaced and reprogrammed the remote fob as there was no battery in it when I got car.

Secondly when I try to open the bonnet with the remote key fob blade by firstly turning it to the left nothing happens (will not release). Yet when I use the standard key the bonnet will open as normal.

Any ideas what could be causing either of the above problems.

it could be down to the lock and motor on the drivers door requiring some lubrication,as for the blades will they both lock/unlock the car as it sounds as they have been cut different.

• 7 months later...

Hi guys an update on my situation. Replaced the drivers door lock motor and now have a fully working central locking as it should be. Also had a new horseshoe blade cut for £7 from main dealers and can now open the bonnet with the remote key fob

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club