Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta (Painted) Brake Calipers

Ian Banny

Thinking of getting the calipers on my new Fiesta painted, but is this a DIY Job?

Is it special paint (I assume it gets hottish)?

What does is cost?

Any advice appreciated!!

I'd say it's a pretty easy job, so long as you have the ability to take your calipers off the car.

I've known plenty of people to use a normal spray can of paint, but if you want to play safe, there's plenty of high temperature paints around. Sand the calipers down to remove any surface corrosion, primer and paint. The longer you can have the brakes off the car to let the paint dry between coats, the better. Alternatively, buy a second set off eBay, and practice on them. You'll have a spare set, and can swap and change the colour whenever you feel like it! :D:

Just make sure you take the pads and discs off before you start spraying... ;)

it is a very easy DIY job

Have a look on Halfords site

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_218763_langId_-1_categoryId_165675

then have a search around the net for a better price. B)

Foliatec paint is the best thing you can use for callipers, paint them once and they look superb for years. The kit contains every thing you need (except a brush) and I recommend you read the instructions supplied <_<

If you are careful there is enough paint to do two cars. Just remember to only mix a small quantity of the paint at a time. I have done several of my cars using foliatec and wouldn’t use anything else.

You do not need to remove the callipers from the car just safely jack up the front, remove the wheels, mix enough paint for both sides, paint the callipers, try not to drip the paint onto areas you are not painting as it is very difficult to remove. Leave the car for a couple of hours before carefully replacing the wheels, then jack up the rear and repeat.

If you have one use a trolly-jack as these are safer than a scissor type jack normally supplied with the car.

:)

hth

Cyb

it is a very easy DIY job

Have a look on Halfords site

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_218763_langId_-1_categoryId_165675

then have a search around the net for a better price. B)

Foliatec paint is the best thing you can use for callipers, paint them once and they look superb for years. The kit contains every thing you need (except a brush) and I recommend you read the instructions supplied <_<

If you are careful there is enough paint to do two cars. Just remember to only mix a small quantity of the paint at a time. I have done several of my cars using foliatec and wouldn’t use anything else.

You do not need to remove the callipers from the car just safely jack up the front, remove the wheels, mix enough paint for both sides, paint the callipers, try not to drip the paint onto areas you are not painting as it is very difficult to remove. Leave the car for a couple of hours before carefully replacing the wheels, then jack up the rear and repeat.

If you have one use a trolly-jack as these are safer than a scissor type jack normally supplied with the car.

:)

hth

Cyb

I think the Fiesta Titanium I am getting in September has drums on the rear so it will only be the front!!

Thanks for the info!

You can paint the drums aswell :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club