Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leather Seats

Tato

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have leather seats in your Fiesta?

• Yes
    • No
    • Already have

The reason why I wanted to open a poll is that I am thinking about getting leather seats for my Fiesta and I would like to know which are the + and - in your opinion.

Please, justify your answer :D

Cheers!

I don't like leather seats for sitting in as they're hot and sticky in the summer and cold in the winter (granted the heated seats help here). They also tend to wear faster, and soon have creases/sags/etc in. The only thing I do like about them is they look good when in a decent condition; I'd never have them myself.

Personally i would never have a car without leather seats.

As for being sticky, i think they are completly the opposite. Dont get me wrong they can make the car hotter when parked in the sun, but there not sticky.

There so easy to keep clean with any marks wiping off rather than scrupping and fading cloth.

Not only that they make the interiour looks far better and more executive, despite them only being on a fiesta.

Leather is always nicer.

But, don't pay what Ford asks for it, coz you won't even get decent leather and not on all places ( sides, back ). Ford uses simili leather for those parts.

For that money you can have the seats done somewhere else with leather of your choice and 100 % AND have the door trims in leather as well.

If I decide, I won't go with Ford, I will choose some other option. Most likely cheaper and wider choice...

I have the Individual Pack, the leather is really good quality, very thick. I wouldn't have the standard leather seats though, I hear the leather is thin and sags easily.

I have the Individual Pack, the leather is really good quality, very thick. I wouldn't have the standard leather seats though, I hear the leather is thin and sags easily.

Agree, the individual pack looks really good quality!

I do like leather seats, but am i the only one thinking "are they really worth it in a Fiesta?" As nice as they are, it's only best suited in the higher end of cars. eg, BMW and Merc's. I did want leather seats, but i really couldn't justify the money Ford wanted for them :(

I do like leather seats, but am i the only one thinking "are they really worth it in a Fiesta?" As nice as they are, it's only best suited in the higher end of cars. EG, BMW and Merc's. I did want leather seats, but i really couldn't justify the money Ford wanted for them :(

What was the price that Ford asked?

By the way, you are somehow right...I don't see the Fiesta as the best car for having the leather seats but if the price is right, it might be a nice addition...

Because i have a Titanium, the only way this car can have leather is by buying the Titanium X pack (which has the 17" wheels too) i think it was around £700 back then.

Because i have a Titanium, the only way this car can have leather is by buying the Titanium X pack (which has the 17" wheels too) i think it was around £700 back then.

Well, £700 for leather and 17 inch rims is not that bad...

For a zetec s the leather pack (heated seats and leather steering wheel) is £750

The MK 6.5 Ghia had leather as standard.I do miss that.

The MK 6.5 Ghia had leather as standard.I do miss that.

That's a nice standard addition :)

Was going to go for the Individual Red on the Tit, but decided to opt for the Dress Up Kit and Tech Pack instead. Would have liked everything but you have to draw the line somewhere and considering it's only done 7,000 miles in 2 1/2 yrs, interior still looks mint.

Was going to go for the Individual Red on the Tit, but decided to opt for the Dress Up Kit and Tech Pack instead. Would have liked everything but you have to draw the line somewhere and considering it's only done 7,000 miles in 2 1/2 yrs, interior still looks mint.

I could have had also some extras but as you said...always have to draw a line...

i went the opposite route, i am in a completely stable job so i know i can afford car over the lease, my wages will never go down and it is my first new car. so i decided to put as much spec into it as possible. The only things i never ordered were the rear parking camera and the illumintaing tacky interior pack. Apart from that i got it all. i really am going to enjoy this car and would hate to regret not getting the extras once the car arrives.

i went the opposite route, i am in a completely stable job so i know i can afford car over the lease, my wages will never go down and it is my first new car. so i decided to put as much spec into it as possible. The only things i never ordered were the rear parking camera and the illumintaing tacky interior pack. Apart from that i got it all. i really am going to enjoy this car and would hate to regret not getting the extras once the car arrives.

I get your point. For me the Fiesta was also my first new car. The things that I did not add to my car are not something that I will miss...but you know options are always somehow tempting.

Personally I would have liked the rear parking camera, no matter how small the car is.

was the camera an option in your country? when do you finaly get to drive your car man?

was the camera an option in your country? when do you finaly get to drive your car man?

I have seen the camera on the options list. Probably another country specific thing by Ford...I think and hope that I will first drive the car on the 2nd of August...so 1 month to go :)

sucks waiting doesnt it. My car is born tomorrow 5th :D for delivery 6th august. so just after you mate. hope your time passes quickly.

sucks waiting doesnt it. My car is born tomorrow 5th :D for delivery 6th august. so just after you mate. hope your time passes quickly.

Yes, it really sucks...but what can I do...only 1 month to go so not that bad. Another bothering thing is that I sold my car in March, so I am suffering since then :D

LEATHER? OH YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having had leather in my previous 2 cars, I can say I miss it the Fiesta (1.4 Zetec). Mine is a 2nd hand 09 plate so not really had a choice, but fitting a set from another varient would appease me. I have found full sets ranging from £150 - £500 on eBay, so there is some choice and availability.

I wonder, would a set from a MK6 fit in the MK7? Would I just need to swap over the subframes? Has any one done this?

Sorry, not hi jacking the thread, but seems a logical progression.

LEATHER? OH YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having had leather in my previous 2 cars, I can say I miss it the Fiesta (1.4 Zetec). Mine is a 2nd hand 09 plate so not really had a choice, but fitting a set from another varient would appease me. I have found full sets ranging from £150 - £500 on ebay, so there is some choice and availability.

I wonder, would a set from a MK6 fit in the MK7? Would I just need to swap over the subframes? Has any one done this?

Sorry, not hi jacking the thread, but seems a logical progression.

Welcome...

Can you share the eBay links?

Welcome...

Can you share the ebay links?

Hi, and thank you for the welcome. I'll post some links tonite (I'm at work at the moment :-( ). A set of just front n rear seats for a mk 7 in grey went through eBay for £150 unsold !!! I just missed them...dammit!