Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Apple Stickers On Cars

2011fiesta

Noticed a few cars around recently with apple stickers on, usually either on the back of the car, or near the back on the sides.

Then after noticing a few more cars online with them I'm wondering have you's got one on too, or do you think it invites trouble?

Casually cool or slightly geeky ?

Heres a few examples here on flickr

.....apple as in apple mac

no one here own ipads iphones ipods etc etc?

.....apple as in apple mac

no one here own ipads iphones ipods etc etc?

Nope. My daughter does, but I prefer my android phone.

i would say a little too geeky really, I wouldnt have it if I owned an apple product... I just dont see the point!

Fair enough, thanks for the replies :)

I have a Mac, iPod and iPhone, no sticker in my car though! Don't see the point personally, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of geekery here and there :D

I have a Mac, iPod and iPhone, no sticker in my car though! Don't see the point personally, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of geekery here and there :D

:lol:

does 'geek sheek' work on a car? lol

Geek Sheek works in some cars, but not Fords :) lol. I saw something before where a guy turned his car into one big computer (more than spec anyway) lol. He basically set up his car to have a full blown laptop in the glovebox, with screens here there and everywhere, USB ports coming out of his ears, and more sensors than googles "Junior" (I believe that was his name!). he also had the apple sticker on the back of the car, and if I remember right, the sticker changed colour when he was near a "Wi-Fi hotspot" or a strong signal.

It worked on that car, if im not mistaken it was the 6 seater fiat...

...you know, the one where you have three seats in the front, and if your not careful, the driver might visit more than just the "gear knob" when they need to change gear...

Suited the car, because in my opinion, its fugly anyway :P

Couldnt see it on a Ford though, I cant think of any that are that fugly...

Geek Sheek works in some cars, but not Fords :) lol. I saw something before where a guy turned his car into one big computer (more than spec anyway) lol. He basically set up his car to have a full blown laptop in the glovebox, with screens here there and everywhere, USB ports coming out of his ears, and more sensors than googles "Junior" (I believe that was his name!). he also had the apple sticker on the back of the car, and if I remember right, the sticker changed colour when he was near a "Wi-Fi hotspot" or a strong signal.

It worked on that car, if im not mistaken it was the 6 seater fiat...

...you know, the one where you have three seats in the front, and if your not careful, the driver might visit more than just the "gear knob" when they need to change gear...

Suited the car, because in my opinion, its fugly anyway :P

Couldnt see it on a Ford though, I cant think of any that are that fugly...

lol that all just sounds.... terrible

It was, I think I saw it on a website like "Instructables" basically a DIY Guide on how to turn anything into anything else lol...

he also had the apple sticker on the back of the car, and if I remember right, the sticker changed colour when he was near a "Wi-Fi hotspot" or a strong signal..

Ok, I change my mind, that is awesome!! :o

Ok, I change my mind, that is awesome!! :o

Could be this one http://www.instructables.com/id/Adding-a-computer-to-your-car-CarPuter/ might be mistaken though...

But yeah, a good idea, but whats the point in putting it on the rear window when your driving forward to find a hotspot! lol

EDIT:

99% sure thats the one and heres a link to the sticker, and subsequently the "instructables" to make one

http://gizmodo.com/5460338/wi+fi-detecting-bumper-sticker-helps-out-the-wardriver-behind-you

But yeah, a good idea, but whats the point in putting it on the rear window when your driving forward to find a hotspot! lol

"At some point in some traffic jam, you'll make a fellow nerd's day." For that reason :lol: Certainly made mine, geeeeek. :blink: