Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2007 Running Fault -Throttle Actuator Fault?

pistolpete82

Help please .. pulling my hair out -

treated my wife to a 2.0 focus 2007 convertible in march from a car super market only for it to start faulting now its only done 16k i have a warrenty and have taken it to my local garage who read the ecu and got these faults

p0607 undertermined code

p2110 throttle actuator control system forced limited rpm

he then changed the whole throttle body and i had it back , it ran ok for a couple of days now doing the some it goes in to a "limp home" mode ? and really under powered

can anyone help in anyway (the wifes really doing my head in especially with these lovely sunny days)

Cheers

treated my wife to a 2.0 focus 2007 convertible in march from a car super market only for it to start faulting now its only done 16k i have a warrenty and have taken it to my local garage who read the ecu and got these faults

p0607 undertermined code

he then changed the whole throttle body and i had it back , it ran ok for a couple of days now doing the some it goes in to a "limp home" mode ? and really under powered

can anyone help in anyway (the wifes really doing my head in especially with these lovely sunny days)

Cheers

Try the dashboard trick to see if there are any error codes. Possibly a sensor somewhere has gone bad, otherwise it could cost you another diagnostics fee from Ford unless you have a code reader, or can get one.

it may be a simple PCM update or maybe other sensors causing your problems, take your car to your local ford dealer and they should be able to diagnose it correctly.

• 4 months later...

p0607 undertermined code

Cheers

Had to have a new ecu ---- ouch !

• 2 years later...

My 1.8 Focus 2008 currently has seemingly exactly the same problem you describe. The dashboard comes up with a message "Engine Systems Fault", and then it goes into a low speed mode with greatly reduced power and the engine sputters. Took it to a local garage and error codes P0607 and P2110 have been read. Likely resolutions advised are replacing the throttle body and/or the ECU. Were you able to establish the root cause of your problem? Did replacing the ECU permanently fix the problem or did it re-appear? Do you know if replacing the ECU without having replaced the throttle body would have done the trick?

Any advice resulting from your experience would be massively appreciated!!!

• 2 years later...

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread. My 2008 model has now too gone down with the same faults indicated by Pistolpete and Superted and was advised by a mobile mechanic to firstly replace the throttle actuator with a second hand Ebay purchased model for around £30. My throttle actuator can be heard rotating when the throttle pedal is depressed and according to him it is noisier than it should be.

Pistolpete, how much was your new ecu? On my 11 year old model would it be worthwhile?

If your still around Superted would be nice to know how you cured your problem.

The solution offered by jeebowhite of the dashboard trick to see if there's any error codes to detect a faulty sensor is not known to me, any guidance of how to undertake this would be appreciated.

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone found a fix for this issue, I've got a 2005 Focus sport in limp mode giving me the code P2100 Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit/Open. I've had the throttle body replaced with a brand new one which didn't help and am currently having the ECU tested which came back with no fault but was still advised to have my data returned on a different refurbished ECU. If anyone still active it would be great to know if you managed to cure it. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club