Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Moneo Mk3 Tddi Turbo Issue ?

cygnes82517

Hi there, I have a Mk3 Mondeo TDDI 2.0.

I have afew issue's with it in that when i'm driving around 30mph or less, keeping my foot steady on the accelerator pedel, it will jerk.. with a sudden boost of power.. only a very very small amount but it does this alot, if speed up and keep the revs over 2,000 RPM it goes away.

Also when in 1st gear, and the revs go near 2,000RPM the loudness of the engine will suddenly change.

I'm thinking that it's something to do with the Turbo since the Turbo kicks in around 2,000 RPM, but any advice someone could give would be great !

I'm wiating for a bluetooth Code reader for the car to arrive in the post to see if i can see what it's doing while i drive it along.

thanks in advance.

I can provide sounds clips or video if required.

Kind Regards.

check for a split in the intercooler pipe,its the large pipe that runs from the bottom of the EGR valve,its a common problem and a split pipe will give the symptoms your getting.

check for a split in the intercooler pipe,its the large pipe that runs from the bottom of the EGR valve,its a common problem and a split pipe will give the symptoms your getting.

Brilliant, i will take a look at that as soon as i find where the EGR valve is.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

Did you get this problem sorted? I'm suffering with the same problem! Mintalkin has suggested I also check the intercooler pipe (not got round to it just yet but will do asap (Thanks Mintalkin!)

Paul