Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone With An S?

mark t

Does anyone with an S find that in first under it's own revs it will move it's self at 5mph, and at 10mph in second, (but stalls in third), and you can hold it on a slight slope, like a bridge on just the clutch!

Also, I've had 2 now, and with the titanium, I was advised to get ESP as it would bump up the selling price, as I had front parking sensors I couldn't turn it off, but now I can in the S, and I did on wednesday on the way home from work, and found it appears to accelerate a lot quicker, and really stick to the road much better!

yeh ive noticed that turning the ESP off has made it more fun!

my friend was driving it once and turned it off as a 'oooooooo i wonder what happens if i press this...(!)' kinda moment.

it was on a damp surface and the car seemed to be a bit more lively in terms of handling and throttle response. i had a go afterwards and completely agreed,im in the habit of turning it off everytime i drive it now - i swear its not psychological!

NOT that im condoning this, so dont blame me if you develop shredded tyres or some form of understeering malarky! :P

P.S that clutch thing is the 'hill start assist' working!

It was bone dry, don't think I'll try it in the rain, as I've not been without it since I went from 6.5 to 7 27th november 2008!

yeh ive noticed that turning the ESP off has made it more fun!

OK, good news...owning a Titanium I have to get and add the ESP button...Never understood why they took it out from the Titanium...

it wont be terrfying! the mk6.5 for me did very well without it so the mk7 should be just as good at least!

now watch this space....when i put a pic up on this topic for a prang! :rolleyes:

Do they all have hill start assist?

Does anyone with an S find that in first under it's own revs it will move it's self at 5mph, and at 10mph in second, (but stalls in third), and you can hold it on a slight slope, like a bridge on just the clutch!

this is normal on cars since the mid 1990's and is known as 'anti-stall'. Comes in very handy when in slow moving town traffic and once you get the hang of how to use it to your advantage saves you having to use the accelerator/clutch a little like an automatic. :D

I ALWAYS turn off the ESP as long as it's dry, you can really feel the difference.

I live near many roundabouts, and with ESP when I try take the roundabout fairly quickly it always hesitates to accelerate out of the exit, and usually slows me round the corner too.

That's only one example, but ESP kills a lot of the fun. Good safety feature though.

I've never turned ESP off - never had any issues with it personally.

Do they all have hill start assist?

none of the UK models have hill start assist

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club