Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fous mk2.5 engine pausing sometimes and poor auto wipers function

homerush

I have a 58 plate focus with engine issues. It seems the car pauses itself at inopportune moments, sometimes, but not always. I have had at least 6 encounters whereby after changing up to 2nd gear and releasing the clutch, the car seems to pause when the accelerator is pressed. It waits about a second or so then ZOOM! Off it goes.

This led to a close shave on a roundabout recently where other cars had to slow down quickly to avoid hitting me. unfortunately two Ford garages cannot find the or replicate the problem - no error codes and they say the car is fine. Trouble is I don't want to carry on driving it seeing if this fault "develops" as they want me to, as I feel it is potentially very dangerous and don’t want to risk me or my family.

Anyone experience something like this before? The salesman thought it might be the engine man agent system and it needed to be reprogrammed but the service area say not so.

Any suggestions on what I can do as the car drives very well except for this and a vibrating clutch which suddenly happened after 3 weeks and then since calmed down a bit, but I can still feel it on occasion.

Lastly auto wipers - had a new sensor fitted but it still don’t seem to do the job. Can I override this and return to good old fashioned intermittent wipe that works efficiently and perfectly adequately?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

it sounds like a software or tps problem get back to the dealer and get them to sort it .

I have a 58 plate focus with engine issues. It seems the car pauses itself at inopportune moments, sometimes, but not always. I have had at least 6 encounters whereby after changing up to 2nd gear and releasing the clutch, the car seems to pause when the accelerator is pressed. It waits about a second or so then ZOOM! Off it goes.

This led to a close shave on a roundabout recently where other cars had to slow down quickly to avoid hitting me. unfortunately two Ford garages cannot find the or replicate the problem - no error codes and they say the car is fine. Trouble is I don't want to carry on driving it seeing if this fault "develops" as they want me to, as I feel it is potentially very dangerous and don’t want to risk me or my family.

Anyone experience something like this before? The salesman thought it might be the engine man agent system and it needed to be reprogrammed but the service area say not so.

Any suggestions on what I can do as the car drives very well except for this and a vibrating clutch which suddenly happened after 3 weeks and then since calmed down a bit, but I can still feel it on occasion.

Lastly auto wipers - had a new sensor fitted but it still don’t seem to do the job. Can I override this and return to good old fashioned intermittent wipe that works efficiently and perfectly adequately?

take it back and have your problems fixed under the warantee

take it back and have your problems fixed under the warantee

Thanks guys. Trouble is two garages have looked at it - they cannot find any error codes or replicate the problem and therefore say that there is no problem - but they haven't driven the car for more than about half an hour each time. The first garage (from whom I bought it) appeared quite uninterested - they had the car for three weeks during which time it sat there doing nothing most of the time and they just gave me the run-around - not returning calls, referring me to Ford Customer Services and generally doing everything in their power to put me off.

With a second hand car you can take the car back and swap it for another within 30 days - but you don't have that right with a brand new car it seems. I tried to press them for a swap and after the run-around for a while, I went for a refund. But they won't do it claiming that there is no problem and are not interested.

In that period they looked at the car at least twice, and I have taken it to another local Ford garage and they have looked at it twice too. However in the last week the problem has happened twice in two days. I know its not me as each time I have my foot off the clutch pedal, the car in second gear and the accelerator down, then fully down when there is no response from the engine. And then of course whoosh! Off it goes.

I cannot quite see where I go from here - the second garage have arranged with me to take the car for a week and drive it day in day out to and from the mechanics' home and the garage. However that’s not until 5th Jan when they have a replacement Fiesta for me to drive.

I am not sure the sale of goods act actually helps me here at all as if Ford say that cannot fault the car then the "three faults and you're entitled to a refund" doesn’t seem to count for anything.

I am left with a car which I have to pay for but which I don't trust and consider it a risk.

TRY THIS its a long shot,,Electronic accellerator pedal,, could need changing,, also known as (Pententiometer)