Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 5 Ghia Central Locking

mondy man

Hi, just bought a 51 plate Mk5 Fiesta 1.25 Ghia. I thought it had remote central locking but I got no fob with it, does it have this and I just need a new fob, or did the car not have this. If it does where can i get a replacement fob without paying Fords prices?

Cheers

Dave

the ghias did come with remote central locking, can pick up uncoded fobs for a few quid on eBay then just need them programming

according to CAP the ghia 1.25 and 1.4 didnt come as standard with remote central locking. only the 1.6 did.

but then cap has been known to be wrong before!

according to CAP the ghia 1.25 and 1.4 didnt come as standard with remote central locking. only the 1.6 did.

1.25 defo did come with it from factory

Thanks guys, does anyone know how to re-program the remote when i get one, i had a Scorpio once and to re-program that remote you pressed the buttons whilst sitting in the drivers seat in a set sequence and this re-set the remote, does the fiesta have the same system, if so I can get it from the scorpio owners club?

I have been told you cannot re-program the "buttons on key" remote you can only re-program the seperate remote fob(like a Rover), is this right?

Thanks again

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, does anyone know how to re-program the remote when i get one, i had a Scorpio once and to re-program that remote you pressed the buttons whilst sitting in the drivers seat in a set sequence and this re-set the remote, does the fiesta have the same system, if so I can get it from the scorpio owners club?

I have been told you cannot re-program the "buttons on key" remote you can only re-program the seperate remote fob(like a Rover), is this right?

Thanks again

Dave

PS I now know how to reprogram 3 button remotes, thanks