Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would You?

Tato

Just wondering if any of you out here added to their Fiesta the automatic boot system?

Would you add one?

Cheers!

I presume auto boot is the ability to open hatch from inside car?

If so, no, I certainly wouldn't pay for that.

I presume auto boot is the ability to open hatch from inside car?

If so, no, I certainly wouldn't pay for that.

Either from inside or from the key.

This reminds me of a time at work one morning when a guy had just bought a new car, and someone else who had the same car was trying to unlock it with his key (obv knowing it wasn't going to work). All that happened was he managed to fully open his own boot, with his car parked on the other side of the carpark. The funny thing was it was raining at the time, so he had to run over there and close it before his stuff got nicked (or wet)!

To get back on topic, I wouldn't pay for this either.

or from the key.

But it already does that?

I take it to mean fully open the boot, ie not just pop it up a few cm.

But it already does that?

Does it fully open the boot when pressing the button?

Does it fully open the boot when pressing the button?

Sorry, didn't realise that's what you meant. Seems a bit pointless and beyond lazy to me :P

Sorry, didn't realise that's what you meant. Seems a bit pointless and beyond lazy to me :P

Somehow it is, but as you might know it already there are many cars that have this option nowadays. The costs to add something like this are very low, but I am not sure that it would be used that much.

Here is one video:

Somehow it is, but as you might know it already there are many cars that have this option nowadays. The costs to add something like this are very low, but I am not sure that it would be used that much.

Here is one video:

I'm guessing its easier to do on a saloon, - the new focus saloon does that straight from the factory.

I'm noticed thru YouTube and TV that alot of american cars have boots that open and close themselves at the touch of a button.

And do I recall seeing an advert for the new C Max/Grand C Max where a lady with her hands full of shopping waved her foot under the rear bumper to open the boot? ~ (obvs in connection with her having the intelligent keyless remote access fob in her pocket/bag).

Don't think I've seem automatic boots on a little car like the fiesta though...

I'm guessing its easier to do on a saloon, - the new focus saloon does that straight from the factory.

I'm noticed thru YouTube and TV that alot of american cars have boots that open and close themselves at the touch of a button.

And do I recall seeing an advert for the new C Max/Grand C Max where a lady with her hands full of shopping waved her foot under the rear bumper to open the boot? ~ (obvs in connection with her having the intelligent keyless remote access fob in her pocket/bag).

Don't think I've seem automatic boots on a little car like the fiesta though...

Actually Paul, I've seen the same system on a new VW Polo on youtube, but I can't find it anymore...

About the advert with the lady shopping, that's one of the only reasons why something like this should be added to the boot.

Im sure it would be very useful if you had your hands full, but its starting to get silly - auto this, auto that, self opening this...... Its no wonder modern cars are so heavy and twice the size they once were. I also wonder how many of these gadgets will still work when the car is 10 or 15 years old. My 11year, 100k mk4 fiesta had no gadgets but absolutely no faults.

Im sure it would be very useful if you had your hands full, but its starting to get silly - auto this, auto that, self opening this...... Its no wonder modern cars are so heavy and twice the size they once were. I also wonder how many of these gadgets will still work when the car is 10 or 15 years old. My 11year, 100k mk4 fiesta had no gadgets but absolutely no faults.

You are perfectly right, that is one good reason why modern cars have so many problems...and electrics are a part of it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club