Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injector Knocking And Boost Pressure

davd

few problems i think! on starting cold, its spitting and farting, missing ! once warmed up idles ok , but missing a bit! knocking sound when pulling off, not the tensioner noise! sounds like injector knocking! and 2nd problem is, boost pressure i think! got the code read and it was boost pressure problem!

when im driving from cold and have the turbo come in ,power comes through then suddenly into limp mode,glow plug lite comes on! i switch off and on again and lite goes out and carry on but got to be careful not to build up high revs whilst driving because once turbo kiks in if i carry on accelerating to high revs turbo cuts out and goes into limp mode????thus im not utilising the full revs and power! but once the motor is properly warmed up i have no problems at all??? the injector knocking is always there but is reduced once the car is warm!

how do i know or test which injector is gone??? and is it a common problem associated with a certain number injector,be it 1 ,2 ,3 or number 4 injector? with regards to the turbo cutting out,iv been told it could be a gummy turbo or it could even be a leak or it could be a sensor???

how do i nail this problem or narrow down the fault finding, please help!!!

david

check and clean if required the egr valve,also check the intercooler pipe on the bottom of the valve for splits. if you have an electronic acuator on the turbo check to see if the arm moves back and forth when started.

check and clean if required the egr valve,also check the intercooler pipe on the bottom of the valve for splits. if you have an electronic acuator on the turbo check to see if the arm moves back and forth when started.

hi ralph

had a new intercooler pipe put on last year, and took off egr, was clogged up like a good un but cleaned it up etc ,left it in petrol overnight and freed it up and put it back on,,this was all done last year!

so what im asking is could it be the actual manifold thats clogged up??? and with regards to the knocking, i think and have been told it could be 1 of the injectors?? which 1 usually goes on this particular engine and whats the firing order of the injectors,

ps ,sm1 told me thats is usually the injector nearer the timing belt that usually goes?????

some of your enlightening guidance wont go amiss mate!!!

thanx!!

it could be a clogged up manifold some good info here,

http://www.google.co.uk/search?btnG=Google+Search&q=mondeo+tdci+manifold+clean]

if you think its an injector you could try recoding them as the delphi injectors can loose there codes,

NOTE: The injectors on the label are in firing order, NOT physical order. The top left

code is Injector 1 (Cyl.1), the top right code is Injector 2 (Cyl.3), the bottom left is

Injector 3 (Cyl.4) and the bottom right is Injector 4 (Cyl.2). Where Injector is the firing

number, Cylinder is the physical number.

When replacing an Injector the code stamped on the body of the new Injector must

be programmed into the PCM, NOT the code on the label.

also if the noise improves with the engine warming up it could also be an injector with a low load fuel delivery problem, but this can only be tested by removing the injectors.

thanx for the guidance mate! the link u sent looks quiet easy to follow.

will start work on it once the weather gets better, as for the injectors, after iv cleaned out manifold and see how it runs ,then its time for the injectors to be sorted if it still persists!the info about the injectors u sent is very enlightening! il put up post once iv done all this work with the results!

thanx again, god bless!