Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recoding Injector Help!!

kcboy

Hi ive recently bought a 52 plate mondeo 2.0 TDCI 130bhp, and the glow plug light was flashing and running in limp mode and smoking. Got the fault code P2336 cyl 1 above knock threshold so replaced injector and it accepts the code but for some reason isnt storing it. Am not sure what software there using as my dad mate who works for RAC is doing it. Can anyone help me and suggest why this could be happening? thanks

depending on software some code in cylinder order and some in firing order so this could be the mix up. i take it that you are putting the code from the new injector in and not the one from the label you would be surprised haw many people do this.

Hi ive heard that some code in firing order too, not sure what sequence he is coding them in, and yh using the code which is stuck on the injector it accepts it but doesnt seem to store it thanks

had same problem with injectors, its a known ford fault usually around 90k miles. RAC engineer that came to me said he didnt have the software to recode it so took it to a ford garage and they did it, also used another garage when it went again as they also had the ford software. I eventually went for a full set of injectors as, if 1 has gone the others might be not too far behind but you can keep on resetting them and get about 10k out of them each time before the glow plug light comes on again.

had same problem with injectors, its a known ford fault usually around 90k miles. RAC engineer that came to me said he didnt have the software to recode it so took it to a ford garage and they did it, also used another garage when it went again as they also had the ford software. I eventually went for a full set of injectors as, if 1 has gone the others might be not too far behind but you can keep on resetting them and get about 10k out of them each time before the glow plug light comes on again.

Hi thanks for reply, just got mondeo back today all fixed so he managed to do it for me only costing me £50. thanks for all your help