Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Spark Plugs

bt_cav

Hey Folks spare me your thoughts,

I was looking at a friends KA 03 1.3 duratech, I was going to pull the plugs out and have a look at them and probly renew them too, I attempted to unscrew one and either it was going to come away suddenly or snap the spark plug So I decided not to go any further B)

Was thinking of giving them a spray with some pro gas or simmilar for a few days and carfully trying them again with a Short 3/8 ratchet.

I think the plugs have been in a while and the car misses the odd beat but not enough to cause a problem at the moment. :rolleyes:

Hey Folks spare me your thoughts,

I was looking at a friends KA 03 1.3 duratech, I was going to pull the plugs out and have a look at them and probly renew them too, I attempted to unscrew one and either it was going to come away suddenly or snap the spark plug So I decided not to go any further B)

Was thinking of giving them a spray with some pro gas or simmilar for a few days and carfully trying them again with a Short 3/8 ratchet.

I think the plugs have been in a while and the car misses the odd beat but not enough to cause a problem at the moment. :rolleyes:

Propbaily been in that long or they have over tightend when put in.

I was reading up that end of the plug gets coated with carbon, sounds like a small anmount of the thread on the plug is exposed in the chamber :wacko: and with it being a cast iorn head and a tapered plug its all bad news :(

I wish people would read the instrustions on the box and just nip plugs up. I only ever just a 3/8 drive ratchet and screw them in all the way by fingers.

Further more..........

Is there a tool for removing a sheared plug? I read a few things (mainly bad) about easy outs :unsure:

Further more..........

Is there a tool for removing a sheared plug? I read a few things (mainly bad) about easy outs :unsure:

I would go with your first thoughts, try and soak the offending plugs in 'plus gas' or similar and see if it can somehow soak in to the threads.

take the car to a local independent garage & ask them if they could change the plugs for you

say you have got the plugs but not the tools to remove the old plugs

play it like you really need their help

they will sort for you then

atleast if they break a plug it's there problem n not your one

you do need a good socket to remove them old plugs as they do sieze on sometimes

take the car to a local independent garage & ask them if they could change the plugs for you

say you have got the plugs but not the tools to remove the old plugs

play it like you really need their help

they will sort for you then

atleast if they break a plug it's there problem n not your one

you do need a good socket to remove them old plugs as they do sieze on sometimes

not necessarily true but they should be informing the owner if they realise they are stuck and likely to snap

Have to agree with Stef, imagine the extra cost the garage is going to charge to sort out the snapped plug or the recovery charge to get the car back home so you can have a go at removing the snapped plug yourself.

get a small screwdriver and scrap all the crap from around the bottom of the plug, use a paint brush(or an air line) and brush/blow all the carp away, soak the plugs in wd40 and then have another go at getting them out, once you've got them moving, do about 4 turns out 1 turn back to clean the thread till you get them completly out

• Like 1

Hey All

Thanks for your words from the wise :D

Would still like to know the best way to remove a broken plug, (without removing the head if possible) I was thinking of a a tapered square drift of some sort and tapping it in just enough to bite and unwind the rest of the plug.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club