Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blowers Out Of Control

dunk

Hi, During a long journey I noticed the that the blowers had started to increase in speed whenever I accelerated. I swiched off the blowers completlely and it still happens. The speed of the fan does not exceed level 4, so if the fan is set at level 4 the problem is hidden. The speed of the fan seems to be directly conected to the workload of the engine(eg in 1st gear you have to floor it to force blow, and in 5th you only have feather it for it to come on full blast). Has anyone else experienced anything like this? thank you

Problem found!! will delete this thread as soon as i work out how to.

I had this with my fiesta if i give it a little rev the heat in the car would come through quicker and hotter. it turned out to the heater control valve was knacked and i had a air lock in the system.

Looks like i was completly wrong. just heard wife drive my car up the the street and it made a right racket which sounds like air eacaping from pipe between the turbo and the intake manifold! sounded like the blowers from inside tho. thanks anyway m8

i had this coming back from scotland. only 2 weeks ago.

check the thick rubber pipe, to the top of the engine on the left. bends bottom to right 90 degrees. i found an inch and half split on the inside bend.

new part from ford dealership is £37.

on another note, i can get the part number from the job card if you wish. but they do carry them instock

check the thick rubber pipe, to the top of the engine on the left. bends bottom to right 90 degrees. i found an inch and half split on the inside bend.

Will go and investigate this. thanks

Will go and investigate this. thanks.

It is exactly what you said. about 1 inch on inside of bend. will take the p/n if you have it.

will get it once i finish work (around 8pm) will let you know...you will have to confirm with the dealership if this part will fit yours if not a 1.8tdci, but it should.

part number: 1496238

for those interested here is a diagram of the pipe and location of slash.

post-17334-0-59473600-1310947374_thumb.j

part number: 1496238

Will be able to sort the problem out now much cheeper thanks to your help. i drive an 1800tdci so it sounds good to me. thanks again!

JohnH saves the day with his e-Cat!

Same thing happened on my old Focus. Bought a 90 deg bend off siliconhoses dot com. Cost me about £10 :D

• 9 months later...

I have a similar problem with my fiesta. When the heater is on hot and the blower on 0, hot air still comes through. Then when I put the blower on, the air is really hot!!! I wonder if it's a similar problem????

Thanks

Danny

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club