Do Not Sell My Personal Information

03 Mondeo 2.0 Tdci Flashing Coil Light P0252 Code

trev1cbr

I have a 03 mondeo ghia x 2.0 tdci. When cold i can accelerate as hard as i like and it is fine. When engine is warm and i accelerate firmly the coil light starts flashing. It does not go into limp mode unless i continue heavy acceleration at which point it does go into limp mode and engine cuts out. It's strange because if i potter about there is no problem. i have put fault code reader on and got code P0252 Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control "A" Range/Performance (Cam/Rotor/injector). Does anyone know what this means?

I am trying cam sensor first and then may have to see where i go after this. I know it could be injectors or fuel pump but cannot find any threads that explain exactly where problem could be with this P0252 code. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 03 mondeo ghia x 2.0 tdci. When cold i can accelerate as hard as i like and it is fine. When engine is warm and i accelerate firmly the coil light starts flashing. It does not go into limp mode unless i continue heavy acceleration at which point it does go into limp mode and engine cuts out. It's strange because if i potter about there is no problem. i have put fault code reader on and got code P0252 Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control "A" Range/Performance (Cam/Rotor/injector). Does anyone know what this means?

I am trying cam sensor first and then may have to see where i go after this. I know it could be injectors or fuel pump but cannot find any threads that explain exactly where problem could be with this P0252 code. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

hi

i dont wanna be the bearer of bad news but i have just experianced the same problem wiv my 53 reg 130bhp 2.0 tdci same code plus one other i put it into my local halford centre as the warrenty company i have coverd my car wiv has an account wiv them.

first of they replaced the fuel metering valve gave it back and still doing the limp mode thing.

next they done a pressure leak of test on pump and found it was leaking pressure internally

next they removed the fuel pump and injectors and sent them away to a company called feather deisels in yorkshire where all parts were stripped and there was the problem the seals in the injectors and pump were leaking and had to be replaced along with all mechanical parts in the pump and new nozzels and electrodes in the injectors.

this came to a total for metering valve and pump referb les vat £885

i had to pay for injector referb because all 4 needed it and could not be put down to a mechanical failure this cost me £600 inc vat

yeah i know a big ouch if i had the money for a new car the old one would have gone so now there is best part of £1500 spent on it so needles to say i will be keeping it for a while now.

hope this has helpd ya out.

hi everyone, i had this problem 3 weeks ago. i've had my mondeo for about 6 months and after a few weeks looking for a caravan and a towbar it was time to venture north for a week with the 2 dogs, the cat, the bearded dragon and the kids and wife and it was all fine apart from the black smoke when i put the foot down, then 30 miles from home and the car just died,,,,, no warning, it just died. i managed to freewheel into a layby and tried to start it, after about 2 seconds of turning it over the coil light started to flash and the car wouldn't start at all. i tried every 5 minutes for about 30 mins to get it started but no luck. i called a friend and asked him for a diagnosis,, at first he thought i'd slipped a tooth on the chain and knocked the timing out, this sent me into Ground open up and swallow me mode. anyway he had a car i could borrow and set on his way to me. i tried again to start the car and it fired up. i met him and changed cars and set of for a holiday. he called me and said it was the cam sensor and replaced it. after returning home i swapped cars back and noticed an increase in acceleration. i looked into this further and he said it had a fault with the egr valve but the fault had gone when the cam sensor was replaced, i decided to take the egr valve off and it was clogged up big style, it took 2 cans of cleaner to dissolve the carbon from it and its made a big difference to the car now,, i can hear a nice little whistle from my turbo now when i lift my foot from giving it revs and the power kicks in before 2000 revs now, before it was 2800 before any power was felt.

i do have to take the caravan for a pull now and see if the car will give up again, here's hoping

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club