Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog Light Lens Replacement

cbs

Hi, new here, I've looked through and can't see this topic anywhere. The glass is cracked all the way across my front D/S sidelight/fog lamp lens, can anyone tell me how to remove and replace this?

ta

2008 S-Max titanium

I don't think the glass itself can be replaced. In any case a complete new unit isn't exactly expensive:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-S-MAX-2006-2010-Front-Fog-Lamp-/110707958848?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c6b56440

Simple job to replace - undo the two screws on the headlamp and move it out of the way and you get easy access to the foglamp.

cheers, sorry for the basic question but I assume from what you've said that this is tackled from within the engine compartment and from above, removing the headlight to gain access to the fog light? Therefore there should be no need to try and prize off the body coloured facia in the bumper?

You can prize off the fascia on the bumper but you risk damaging the paintwork as the plastics tend to be very soft and deform easily.

It's a really easy job to remove the headlamp from within the engine bay - 2 bolts & unplug the wiring plug - 30 second job, really couldn't be easier.

Sorry, I've got the headlamp out, as you said no drama, but how does the whole fog come out, I can get the bulbs and the rear out but the surround and lens seem well fastened, possibly by some strange clip arrangement on the underside?