Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 "secret Hole/compartment"

BHeart

Hi

I know that this topic has already been covered in this forum and I've tried searching for 'secret hole' and the 'hidden compartment' but nothing comes up.

I fitted the ESP switch yesterday and whilst doing that, I finally got a chance to see what all the fuss was about and, to be honest, providing that I can fit a 'push switch' that keeps the lid closed and flush with the trim above it, I'm sure that I could find a use for this additional space.

I'm particularly interested in the following:

* What other owners have used the space for.

* What they fitted to keep it closed and then easily opened again.

Can anyone help with the link or links to the thread of threads that covered this topic over recent months?

Thanks, BHeart

Here's the thread:

Personally I use my to keep a hi-viz vest and torch in

To keep it closed, some magnetic tape, no sticky out bits, east to fit B)

Jim

This is what i did

I opened the "secret compartment" using a screwdriver wrapped in a rag

It bent the strike a little bit

CIMG2572.jpg

The existing catch is one way and isn't designed to be opened, so away with that!

IMG_0725.jpg

Get your "secret compartment" cover

97066f73.jpg

Remove existing strike (I used a windy)

I also removed the lugs

ac856072.jpg

Buy This

[ebay]200616414230[/ebay]

Cut the strike to length, I measured it to be 7.5mm

96329402.jpg

Glue it on where the original one was, I used the outline of the existing rectangle to help with this

I used Araldite and masked up a close square around the strike and built the glue up around it

58cebacd.jpg

The rest of my trim is panther black so I sprayed it the same

d0b4c4c3.jpg

6e59c707.jpg

Ensure your catch fits on perfectly

f2984de5.jpg

I put glue on the back of the catch and on the underside

d214c999.jpg

Attached the cover to the car and attached the catch to the strike and then held in place until the glue had dried

cd00f7cc.jpg

63f452d3.jpg

I have wired a cable up that charges my iPhone and plays music through aux input

Means it is away and tidy when not in use

• 1 year later...

i dont suppose you have another link to where you got that catch from that you glued on. the one on eBay doesnt show up...

Does that fit the same way as Ben fitted his? Sorry not very good with this kind of stuff

Does that fit the same way as Ben fitted his? Sorry not very good with this kind of stuff

Will probably be better if honest, will be stronger due to more surface area to be glued.

I tried the push to open catch but didn't like the unavoidable panel gap that this method creates.

In my guide here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/35305-guide-mk7-dash-hidden-storage/ I used magnetic strips, which despite not being to everyone's liking has proved very reliable with no unwanted openings and no gaps when closed.

I tried the push to open catch but didn't like the unavoidable panel gap that this method creates.

In my guide here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/35305-guide-mk7-dash-hidden-storage/ I used magnetic strips, which despite not being to everyone's liking has proved very reliable with no unwanted openings and no gaps when closed.

I will look at doing it one of these 2 ways, was thinking your way as it does seem slightly easier to be honest and I would probably mess up fitting a catch lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club