Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sprayed Plastics & Wheel Powder Coat Prices...

John21

Hey guys,

Looking to get a rough estimate on what I can expect to pay to get my exterior plastics sprayed & get my wheels refurbed & coated.

Had one quote from Kinghorn Body Shop in Aberdeen....

Wheels are £125 each??!! (seems awfully expensive)

Still waiting on a price for the plastics.

Also a question for the people who have already done it...Did you get the plastics on the mirrors sprayed? And did you get the rough texture from the plastics smoothed down?

Thanks

John

I think most people just stick to the front grills & diffuser when spraying plastics.

The mirrors would look nice, and I also think the plastic insert between the the windows would look great.

Unsure of prices, plenty of people have had it done, so hopefully someone else can help here :)

Type 'Wheel Refurbishing' in to google, top result is B J V Engineering

I use them, they only powder coat as it's a lot more hardwearing and efficient

I paid £40 a wheel (cash), that included tyres on and off and balancing

I dropped them off saturday and they were done by wednesday afternoon (always busy)

I know it's no where near you, but could arrange courier and still save your self £££

Cheapest quote I've had for plastics (front grille, 2 x fog light surrounds, that bit in between grille & bonnet + rear diffuser) is just over £200

That would have been done to a smooth gloss black finish.

Wheel refurb in Birmingham, £20 per wheel and £5 per tyre...so £100 all in. £120 for special finishes. I had 18's done here, cannot complain at all. Spotless finish.

City Powder Coaters.

Wheels are £125 each??!!

Definetely wouldn't pay that, you can get a new wheel for not much more!

40 per wheel and that's in Glasgow and cash. Also I got my the same stuf as Inath and my wing mirrors dun yellow and mountune stripes on as well for £150 that was gun metal gray.

Yeah, £40 a corner is what u should be paying for a good powder coating on 17" alloys including tyres refitted and balanced. I get mine done in Prestwick coz I stay in Ayrshire

Hi John, you mention Aberdeen so I'm presuming Forfar is in your area? Anyway I've been quoted a price from a place there called xiom scotland however I maybe have that name a tad wrong but try googling it! £200 all in for 4 wheels includes balancing and refitting too etc.

Just had my full quote from Kinghorn. Pretty steep! Don't think I will be going ahead with them.

Labour £326.80

Parts £0.00

Paint & Materials £126.11

Charges £400.00 (4 wheels refurb & coat)

Subtotal £852.91

VAT £170.58

Total £1023.49

Also got a quote from a local place where I live for painting the plastics.

£360 max (could be cheaper)

But that doesn't include a smooth finish. Just a glossy paint over the rough plastic.

• 4 weeks later...

So got it done in the end. About to return it for the 2nd time though because it has that orange peel effect on the paint which isn't nice. Definitely won't be going back!

Will post some pictures when I get it back this weekend.

Quick question....it seems the bumper has moved slightly since they sprayed the grill. It sits a little lower then usual and there is a gap between it and the light.

I'm gonna ask them to adjust is when I drop it off. But just in cast they dont...how hard is it to do yourself? I can't see any adjustable bits under the bonnet?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club