Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick-Clear Screen

johnboy76

I've just bought a 2005 Mondeo. It say that is has a Quick-clear windscreen, but hoe do I check that this is working OK in July ?

turn the car off, shut all windows and steam up the windows. stay in the car, turn ignition on and turn on heated windscreen and turn blowers to full windscreen with aircon.

the quick clear screen is for the winter so is redundant until the frosty weather appears, when you do get a chance to test it, if only one side clears each side is on an independent fuse,also the screen will switch on automatically when you start the car in any temp below 2 degrees. if you wanted to test for power to the screen you could get a test meter on the feed wires at the bottom of the screen in the engine bay

I've just bought a 2005 Mondeo. It say that is has a Quick-clear windscreen, but hoe do I check that this is working OK in July ?

Wait until it's dark, turn on sidelights and watch the dashboard lights. Switch on the 'Quick Clear' and if dash lights dim, chances are that the system is working.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club