Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smax Titanium Aircon Smells

lark

Hi,

I've just purchased a SMax 2.0TDi Titanium and have noticed that when you switch the A/C on it is very smelly. I've seen various posts on other websites saying that it's due to "condensation forming in parts of the ventilation system and not being dried out properly, so the moisture goes stale and bacteria starts to grow".

Is this something I can correct (bearing in mind I'm not very car engine literate) or will I need to book it into a garage for an A/C service?

I'd appreciate any advice on how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

first thing to check is that the pollen filter is clean and has been replaced,instructions on the link here.

http://www.puravent.co.uk/filters/display_filter.php?id=405∂=M2243

if the filters ok you could run some air con cleaner through the system,this is an easy diy job as you can read here

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-cleaning-accessories/car-interior-cleaners/air-con-cleaner/?553772000&0&cc5_101

this should sort out the smell.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it only masked the smell for a short amount of time. I ended up resolving the smell by booking the car into my local Ford dealership, they were able to insert pipes directly into the A/C which disinfected and sterilised the A/C unit. At the same time they changed the pollen filter, after running the air con for a short amount of time the smell has now gone.

Too be fair to the Ford dealership the whole process (including recharging the A/C) only cost £120.

Regards

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club