Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Tinting

vicky87

Hi I am a newbie

I have a ford fiesta zetec

Was wondering how much did you guys end up paying to have your windows tinted. And what shades did you choose. Post pics if you like to show the differences.

I am wanting mine done on my car but not sure what shade to have and an idea of the cost.

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome to FOC Victoria,

If I were choosing I'd probably go for limo black, at certain angles in certain lights Fords privacy glass doesn't seem very dark at all and can be seen right through - although then again some would say its not like you'll be carrying celebrities... lol

Ah that's great I needed help on this too. Personally I don't want them to be too dark, or I want them to be more for extra privacy. My old man's 2009 Colt has 'privacy glass' which is about perfect!

Dan

Thank you well you never know could be taking the Queen to my house for tea or something lol. I have noticed that a lot of the tinting on fiestas isnt too dark. Whereas i wanted something a bit darker.

I know you cant go too dark with the law requirement thing. But would like them pretty dark.

price-wise you are looking at 80 quid + for a good job, and it depends upon the style of your car, some places charge more for 5 doors than 3... as for the shade, they go off how much light they let through on the ranking, so 5% normally being the lowest and typically 60-70% the lightest... and below i put a really crap picture i found off web just as a guide...

Ottawa_tinting_chart.jpg

IMO limo black, or the 5% looks tacky, you want something around 10-20%... the best phrase i heard was "imagine trying to reverse your car looking out the back window when they only let through 5% of light"

Edit: and for the back windows there is no law on it, on the front it is illegal to retro-fit tints i think, its either that or anything below 35% on the sides... dont quote me on that, just google it, sure to bring back sumat

I paid £60 for the rear 3 windows tinted limo black :)

Thank you guys thats a massive help, will have to get some quotes then and see what prices people can come up with :)

I always think dark coloured cars with limo black rear windows end up looking like a van, personally I think Ford have got he rear tints spot on :)

Yeah I noticed that some look like vans.

Mine is a silver fiesta so dont really mind having dark windows probs about 15% I would imagine would look ok

Got a quote last year but ended up cancelling as the tinter advised me that it was illegal to have the fronts done, and the police are always out in force here :lol: So i would research first, as the last thing you want is having to tear them off :( Back is totally fine though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club