Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possibly Getting A Zetec S Tdci

studly

Ello,

My Citroen DS3 1.6 Hdi white edition was recently wrote off and just mulling over the pro's and cons of switching to a mk7 fezzi again but the zetec s tdci this time.

My niggles are that i can get a replacement DS3 1.6 hdi dstyle plus for 15k with loads of kit as standard IE:

Cruise control & speed limiter, Elec Folding door mirrors, Auto wipers,headlights, Rear parking sensors, Auto digital aircon, 17 inch alloy's, tinted rear windows, lateral and curtain airbags plus other stuff.

Now looking at the price list from my local dealer to add some of the extra's to the standard zetec s would put me over 16k......obviously the dealer said there would be room for maneuver on that price.............just trying to weigh up the merits of switching to a fezzi again.

Not a big fan of the focus tbh......just not my cup of tea. It's all a moot point atm until i get the settlement as it's going through my insurance and being claimed back from the 3rd party.

You can get an (almost) fully loaded Titanium 1.6 TDCi with dress up kit (so it looks like a Zetec-s) just just over £14k

Cruise control, auto lights + wipers, tinted glass etc :)

You can get an (almost) fully loaded Titanium 1.6 TDCi with dress up kit (so it looks like a Zetec-s) just just over £14k

Didn't think of that route tbh.....will have to look into in more depth when i definitely know what's happening, going to test drive a 1.6 tdci at some point to see how it compares to the ds3 1.6 (90) hdi.

I would definitely go for the titanium with dress up kit as it comes with a lot of features and won't cost as much as the zetec s. The TDCI is a really nice car too

WWhat really is the point of the zetec s when the titanium with dress up kit is cheaper?

WWhat really is the point of the zetec s when the titanium with dress up kit is cheaper?

It's not?

Isn't the ZS have different and lowered suspension?

The ZS has 'sports' suspension which is 10mm lower than standard.

I agree 110% with Nathan ;)

(Only because I have one) :D

Guess in the end it all comes down to personal preference.

Which car would you rate the most, the DS3 or the Fiesta?

My crumpled DS3 had the 17 inch wheels and sports suspension which made for a different ride experience to your usual Citroen. Obviously this a ford forum but i have to say the DS3 is a very nice car if you like the styling and the level of kit you get for the price is very good. I only went diesel as it was only £100 more expensive at the time than the equivalent petrol engine and the fuel economy is good...around 56mpg if putting your foot down or around 65mpg in granny mode, but i will say the gear box is a bit pants though and nowhere near as good as the 6 speed box in the DS3 1.6 (110) Hdi/(150)Thp petrol.

My local dealer hasn't got a zetec s 1.6tdci in so i can only get a test drive in the titanium so i suppose I'll have to try and see how it compares. At the end of the day I'm keeping my options open as I've always disliked Citroen's but the styling of the DS3 was what drew me to it, but with ownership prematurely ended it just means i can recheck my options.

The Zetec S comes with sport suspension, sport seats & esp kill switch. All helps maintain driver comfort and safety when you thrash it.

It's also currently the only way to get a fiesta (directly from ford) with the body kit and 17" 'street pack' alloys.

Other than the Zetec S the Body kit is only available to 3 door Titaniums (Through full dress up kit)

and the 17" 'street pack' alloys are only available to 5 door 1.6 Petrol Titaniums. (Part of Titanium X pack)

The Fiesta is a great little car, they're very popular for a reason.

the 1.6TDCI is 5ps more powerful, and ~55kgs lighter than the citroen so it should pull away a bit faster, and probably be a bit sharper in the corners.

If you want comfort, economy, and tech go for the titanium, if you can like to zip around, and can live with the firmer suspension/thinner tyres go for the Zetec S.

They are very similar although the DS3 does have more torque but looking at the new DS3 specs they have now replaced the old 90 hdi engine with an 90 e-hdi which drops the emissions to 98g/km for the free tax but also has the unwanted side affect of increasing the 0-62 from 11.3 to 12.5 secs. I'll definitely be test driving a 1.6tdci next week and then I'll have to decide what to do lol.

you can get the titanium X pack on 3 door aswell but yoou are right, you can only get it with the petrol, but it comes with leather seats too =]. You can pick up the wheels second hand for a few hundred though. plus the titanium comes with a much higher spec as standard