Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danzos Miles To A Tank Progress

D4nz0

Starting this morning, 1st August 2011. I'm gonna see just how many miles I can squeeze out of a tank.

I'm driving an 09 Fiesta Zetec S. 1.6 tdci. Has roughly 30000 miles on the clock, here's a pic of the baby, how it stands through this test.

gloss3.jpg

Pics are Ave MPG, Miles Done, and ave speed.

day01summary2.jpg

I expect to get a lot more than this. ;)

First day, done 47 miles. And very pleased with the mpg!

Pics, are ave MPG and miles done.

day01bsummary.jpg

[ :) :)

day 2 and 3.... days off work, so very little mileage was done.

day 4 - working. Here's an update. Happy with the way my expected miles has risen.

Pics - Average MPG, Miles done, expected miles left to tank

day04summary.jpg

went back and tidied up the thread a bit and resized pics for easier reading.... still boring for some tho lol

Some good driving there, I think the most I've had out of a tank so far is about 370 miles

WWhat engine u got?

Mine's a 1.25, highest I've ever gotten my MPG readout is 52.4mpg

When I filled up last night my 1.6 TDCi Fiesta had 2167 miles on the clock, and after working it out this morning my last tank did 62.4 mpg :D

And considering the car has only done just of 2000 miles hopefully that'll just get better *fingers crossed*

more updates?

very impressed with that avg mpg over the first 47 miles, was it a case of filling up and then hitting the motorway/dual carriageway at 60/65 for that? be honest ;)

I've got todays update to put up, waiting till Mrs goes out for night shift to edit pics together.

First update was 2 secs from my house, still had about 3 miles back roads till dual carraigeway, 15 miles or so dual carraigeway, a miles or so town driving, then same again back the way. Since then, the road I take has been shut so had to do more country roads. I very rarely go above 50 if I'm being totally honest mate. I can't hit figures like this at 60.

Dannyboy

my figures are rising each fill up and i have some good figures on Shell fuel over supermarket that will prove those fan boys wrong when i can go through a few more tanks... making it a fair test and all that

Day 5

Ave mpg, miles done and a pic of the needle :D

Day05summary.jpg

Dannyboy

ps.... this thread is gonna take a while lol

What brand fuel do you use? ...... and admit it your only driving downhill arent you!!!

What brand fuel do you use? ...... and admit it your only driving downhill arent you!!!

Although I should be really fussy about the fuel I'm using for this.... I wasn't, just bought the regular diesel at the local Jet garage.

I admit I don't like buying at supermarkets tho.

And yes, I am one of the very lucky people who get to drive downhill to work, and downhill back :D :D :D

I new it....downhill!!

I use BP ultimate, did try Shell v-power but the 2 dont mix...not in my car...developed a 'stutter' as tho about to stall after 10-20 min from cold. Stopped using Shell .... now gone away. Poor result lately, got 57mpg going on holiday. Motorway cruising at 60-65(Cruise control used,300 miles). Then 67 mpg on return trip?(60mph) Not sure if my problem I noticed on return was anything to do with this, developed occasional noise from engine. Had it checked and alternator belt was slipping so renewed under warranty. Not done a full refill since new belt fitted so yet to see result.Engine only done 5400 so not as loose as yours. My current average is 61 mpg from new. I too get 70+ mpg tho, when I fill her up and drive away from garage......downhill!! Keep it up tho results will be interesting.

well, one of the main plans is to do this now.... then revisit this thread after a remap and see how much difference it really makes!

Your returns aren't bad at all. I'm lucky if I usually see 55mpg, but I usually drive it a little harder than currently

I'm quite interested how you drive downhill to and from work... Surely thats impossible lol

They are some nice returns your getting but doesn't it depress you to know that anyone stuck behind you hates you? :)

I'm quite interested how you drive downhill to and from work... Surely thats impossible lol

They are some nice returns your getting but doesn't it depress you to know that anyone stuck behind you hates you? :)

Haha, the downhill to and from work was a joke buddy. However, I live in a valley, and my works by the sea, so my journey always begins with an uphill, levels out, then downhill rest of the way, mpg drops for first 5 miles, then I spend the other 18 or so trying to get it back to where it was at start of journey lol.

And yes, I think a lot of people hate me..... luckily most of the road is dual carraigeway..... last night I got overtaken by a 4x4 pulling a horse in a box lol

Although I should be really fussy about the fuel I'm using for this.... I wasn't, just bought the regular diesel at the local Jet garage.

I admit I don't like buying at supermarkets tho.

And yes, I am one of the very lucky people who get to drive downhill to work, and downhill back :D :D :D

B) I'm with Ryan - that's impossible.

Haha, the downhill to and from work was a joke buddy. However, I live in a valley, and my works by the sea, so my journey always begins with an uphill, levels out, then downhill rest of the way

very good mpg, 74 mpg is my record in a 2010 1.6 tdci focus zetec :) and that not driving down hill :)

and 57 mpg in a 2004 clio 1.2 16v :)

very good mpg, 74 mpg is my record in a 2010 1.6 tdci focus zetec :) and that not driving down hill :)

thats a great result!

you do realise that my updates involve just as much uphill as they do downhill as they are always taken from exactly the same spot ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club