Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hopefully New Ford Owner

diddles

Hi, im new too this forum and hoping to get my first ever ford soon! i currently own a bmw 330ci sport which im trying to sell and was hoping to get a 06 ford focus 1.6tdci, but im not really sure if i should go diesel or maybe go with a 1.6 zetec. Im hoping this forum will help me make a decision and help me learn about fords and ive never owned one before! thanks

Hi, im new too this forum and hoping to get my first ever ford soon! i currently own a bmw 330ci sport which im trying to sell and was hoping to get a 06 ford focus 1.6tdci, but im not really sure if i should go diesel or maybe go with a 1.6 zetec. Im hoping this forum will help me make a decision and help me learn about fords and ive never owned one before! thanks

It really depends on mileage, you will pay a little more in the proce of the car initially over its petrol counterpart, however, you will get more miles from a tank and much more torque. The only real "problem" with the diesels is the DPF EOLYS fluid additive every 3 years and the change of the DPF filter at a whopping £1000 every 6 years / 75000 miles :)

Other than that, both cars are a bucket of fun and great value for money.

Best thing I can recommend is to just browse the "Ford Focus" side of the forum, and you will see what issues people have there.

There is one thread in particular (cant recall its name exactly) but its a "known issues" thread, read up on their to see what you could end up suffering if you buy the "unhealthy" Focus.

Other than that, it is a cracking car and as long as its healthy you will love it!

cool thanks, not liking the sound of the dpf! Are the 1.8 tdci's any better and do they have a dpf aswell? thanks

cool thanks, not liking the sound of the dpf! Are the 1.8 tdci's any better and do they have a dpf aswell? thanks

as a general rule, the MK2 1.8s didnt have the DPF, there is of course as always the odd exception, but overall they dont tend to have it. :)

ok thanks mate. Right then ive sold my bmw, now need to seriously think about what to get as im reading bad reviews about the 1.8tdci engine? are they unreliable so im am to belive? should i stay safe and get a petrol? help need asap!!! thanks

ok thanks mate. Right then ive sold my bmw, now need to seriously think about what to get as im reading bad reviews about the 1.8tdci engine? are they unreliable so im am to belive? should i stay safe and get a petrol? help need asap!!! thanks

To be fair, I havent heard any bad reviews on a 1.8 TDCI over the 1.6TDCI, so it really depends what these reviews are saying. I would suggest take a look for one and take it for a drive, what are you looking for in mileage / age / allowance towards buying the car?

I have a 1.8tdci 2006 ford focus we have done 149k since new if the car as a full service you should have no probs i have had to change the clutch and flywheel but who hasn't at the milage iv'e done you can't go wrong have fun

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club