Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stereo help need ERR 3 on RDS 6006

Greenfaldo

Hi people, i know this isn't the right place but i need help.....

I have a Fusion and have an RDS 6006 6 cd changer, i have just started to have trouble with it, as in i was listening to a cd b4 i stop and i was listening to the last track, i got to work and turned everything off, got in the car to come home and the last track played fine but when the cd finished it wouldn't go to the next cd. the last track was on cd1 and there wasn't a cd in the 2nd slot but in 3,4,5 and 6 it then comes up with ERR 3 message and won't let me eject or select another cd.

I did get the 1st cd out after trying like 20 times and like an idiot i put it back in and now it won't do anything.

i took the fuse out and all thats done is say there are no discs in there at all and won't let me load or anything, press eject button and it says no cds in the there...

PLEASE HELP......

this is a common problem with the 6006, removal is requiredand internals exposed so that the following can be checked

it requires the mechanism to be synchronised at both sides and a common fault is that the mechanism jams on one side slightly and it all goes out of alignment. It is quite hard to make sure it is properly aligned. You can tell if this is the problem by looking at the carriers to see if they are straight. If you look from the front of the radio with the top off, the motor at the back left controls the CD select mechanism, the one at the back right controls the CD move mechanism. You need to move the one on the right to see if the carrier that is selected moves up straight. Aligning is another headache.