Do Not Sell My Personal Information

06 Plate Focus 1.6tdi turbo mounting bolt snapped

richdee

HI all

New onto the forum although have owned the focus since new, 06 plate 1.6 tdi 115bhp version, dropped the car into Platts of Marlow on Friday as the down pipe from the turbo to the intercooler was moving and causing it to rattle. Picked the car up tonight and the garage charged me 34 pence for the bolt and £112.50 to fit it, stating the warranty did not cover the snapped bolt - so a total bill of £129.77 just what I need before Christmas.

Now my concern is that ! this bolt is a part of the engine and holds on a vital part of the engine the turbo ! but I am told it's not covered - this to me seems madness, and not the service I recieve on my other car - an Audi A6 !

Any one else had problems of this sort - is it really worth me taking it up with Ford Customer service or am I wasting my time ??

Let me know as I could really do with my £129.77 back minus the 34p bolt !

Thanks

Richard.

the three year warrenty covers engine and drive train so why did they charge you?, deffinatley take it up with customer services. tel no 08458411111.

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know after a call to Ford Customer services back in December, they picked up the case and I now have a full refund from the dealer. Full credit to Ford Customer Services, they are excellent, kept me updated, called me back when they said they would and overall I have come away impressed, impressed with Ford not the dealer as I am sure they could of done more to get this warranty case correct in the first place.

If you have a query - query it with customer services it's got to be worth a try

Richard.

Just to let you know after a call to Ford Customer services back in December, they picked up the case and I now have a full refund from the dealer. Full credit to Ford Customer Services, they are excellent, kept me updated, called me back when they said they would and overall I have come away impressed, impressed with Ford not the dealer as I am sure they could of done more to get this warranty case correct in the first place.

If you have a query - query it with customer services it's got to be worth a try

Richard.

brilliant news mate, just before xmas is never a time you want to be paying out silly money for such things as fitting a bolt!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club